Some Pictures of the Rainier (With Mod List)

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
2005 Buick Rainier AWD
Vehicle Mods:
- 20" Boss 313 Wheels wrapped in Hancook Ventus Tires.
- 4" Belltech Suspension Lowering Kit - Springs, Shocks, and Struts.
- Spohn Adjustable Panhard Bar
- DJM Sway Bar
- Poly Bushings
- MaxxLink Shortened Endlinks
- Roof Rack Delete
- Plasti-Dipped trim
- 6000k HID Headlights and Fogs

- LED Interior and license plate lights

Electrical:
- 2 Runs Power, and 2 Runs Ground 1/0 SHCA Cable
- Mechman 270a Alt
- DEKA Battery

Head Unit:
- Pioneer DEH80-PRS

Amps:
- 2x Alpine MRV-F505's
- MMATS M2000.1

Front Stage:
- 2x CDT TW-25's 4kHz and up
- 2x Tang Band W3's 500Hz to 4kHz
- 2x Sundown NeoPro V2's 60Hz to 500Hz

Sub Stage:
- Sundown X18 D2 in 7.5 cubes tuned to 28Hz from 65Hz down

BC4EB460-0A54-4A7B-94C9-B9E533161DFA_zpsqatwnb18.jpg

94241712-ED72-4167-9673-4B690F899176_zpswru8dgdl.jpg

088EF15A-0900-4C3E-A1E1-257600901F0F_zpsvacxepkv.jpg

BUH-BABY_zps4e06a8c4.jpg

39162B00-D9AE-44B3-AF4F-1F28294195C6_zpsky0afgjz.jpg

4C9C338F-2887-4C60-BCB4-B086AD3B1B51_zpsnydjvj5w.jpg

ScreenShot2014-09-04at114301AM_zpscc6889f8.png

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Nice wheels, $750 is a deal. You running the Hankook Ventus RH06 tires? I have them on my SS wheels, great tire.

Whats the awards for, sound competition?

You can also uploads more pics to your gallery if you like, in case you were not aware.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nice set up, man. I love the amp racks. Do the amps come with clear casings or did you take them off? I thoroughly enjoy seeing insides of electronics like that. :yes:

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
dmanns67 said:
Nice wheels, $750 is a deal. You running the Hankook Ventus RH06 tires? I have them on my SS wheels, great tire.

Whats the awards for, sound competition?

You can also uploads more pics to your gallery if you like, in case you were not aware.
Thank you! And to your questions, yes, and yes. So far, I love the tires. They grip really well, and are quieter than my old Goodyear Forteras. The awards are for sound competitions. I've had a few different builds in this vehicle, but the one pictured is my most recent. It's been quite some time since I've posted here, so I have to re-learn some, so thank you for the reminder!

Reactions: dmanns67

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Mounce said:
Nice set up, man. I love the amp racks. Do the amps come with clear casings or did you take them off? I thoroughly enjoy seeing insides of electronics like that. :yes:
Thank you! I took off the back plate of the amps and put a sheet of plexiglass on them, since I've always loved the look of the amp guts on these things. Here's a better picture before I installed them.

IMG_4717_zps58fe26a5.jpg

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
djthumper said:
Nice mod list.
Thank you. Always looking for more to do! It's an ever-going process, but gotta do them the right way at the same time!

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
02Olds said:
Thank you! I took off the back plate of the amps and put a sheet of plexiglass on them, since I've always loved the look of the amp guts on these things. Here's a better picture before I installed them.

IMG_4717_zps58fe26a5.jpg
Awesome man, I think that's a nice touch. Electronics boggle my mind but they sure are purty looking inside lol.

Reactions: 02Olds

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
Very nice setup. My system is not as clean as yours but it gets the job done being my very first one I ever built on my own. I can't believe I have never seen you around anywhere. I live in Tonawanda. We should meet up and hear each others system or something. I love hearing what other people have in their cars.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Quite well done sir.

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
kickass audio said:
Very nice setup. My system is not as clean as yours but it gets the job done being my very first one I ever built on my own. I can't believe I have never seen you around anywhere. I live in Tonawanda. We should meet up and hear each others system or something. I love hearing what other people have in their cars.
I would love to. Unfortunately, I'm on house arrest right now though, since I just had reconstructive surgery on my wrist. My doctor said no driving for 6 weeks.. Send me a PM with your number, and when I can drive again, we'll meet up.

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Sexy Rainier man man, only seen one other one I liked :thumbsup:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
No problem man :biggrin: , looking forward to seeing more pics. If I had the opportunity to purchase a Rainier to accompany my TB I would :thumbsup:

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Capote said:
No problem man :biggrin: , looking forward to seeing more pics. If I had the opportunity to purchase a Rainier to accompany my TB I would :thumbsup:
I'll make sure to upload more pictures of my mods and such. As you may know, mod fever is a strong thing. Once you start, you just can't stop! I have dreams of crazy and heinous things that I'd love to do some day. I hope to have this thing for a long time.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ohh yes the mod bug is a wonderful creature :rotfl: You plan on getting any exhaust work done man?

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Mounce said:
Awesome man, I think that's a nice touch. Electronics boggle my mind but they sure are purty looking inside lol.
Same here. I love seeing a nicely laid out board of electrical networks. You just can't see that sort of thing everywhere nowadays. Everything is hidden behind shrouds of plastic and metal. I love showing those intricacies.

Reactions: Mounce

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Capote said:
Ohh yes the mod bug is a wonderful creature :rotfl: You plan on getting any exhaust work done man?
I've chopped off the resonator and welded on a pipe and tip, but I think that's going to be it until the muffler is no more. My Bravada, which I had before this, had a Flowmaster Delta Flow on it, and while I loved the sound of it, the drone drove me crazy after time. It is a strong possibility for the future, however.

Reactions: Capote and dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I love the drone, i've got a Magnaflow on mine & i'm gutting my cat in a week or so, can't wait to make my TB even louder. I love the sound of an Inline 6 :cool:

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
Looks awesome!

I'm curious-6 or 8 cylinder engine?

Did you install HID housings or just HID bulbs in the stock housings?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Paul Bell said:
Looks awesome!

I do not see a projector, appears to be a HID bulb in the stock housing. No retrofit.

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Capote said:
I love the drone, i've got a Magnaflow on mine & i'm gutting my cat in a week or so, can't wait to make my TB even louder. I love the sound of an Inline 6 :cool:
I love the sound too! Don't get me wrong there! I just have so much invested into making the car quiet inside for sound quality competition, so having the exhaust louder would cost me alot more in deadening and liners to keep the sound outside. I've already spent hundreds of dollars deadening the car, and I can still hear it.. :mad:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Capote

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Paul Bell said:
Looks awesome!

It's just a 6... Wish I had the 8, but I couldn't pass up on this thing, due to the condition it was in when I got it. Only 40,000 miles on it when I got it, with no rust up here in Buffalo. It was 7 years old, and in basically showroom condition inside and out.

There is no retrofit though. Stock projectors in the fogs, and stock heads, just pointed down. Had a few friends drive in front of me, and nobody thought I was obnoxious, so I was ok with it. 2 years later, and no tickets either.

Thank you for the compliments! More to come!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
02Olds said:
I love the sound too! Don't get me wrong there! I just have so much invested into making the car quiet inside for sound quality competition, so having the exhaust louder would cost me alot more in deadening and liners to keep the sound outside. I've already spent hundreds of dollars deadening the car, and I can still hear it.. :mad:
That makes perfect sense man :thumbsup:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Nice truck man, for some reason the buicks look like they were always ment to be loooowwww

Reactions: Capote and 02Olds

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Nice truck man, for some reason the buicks look like they were always ment to be loooowwww
I completely agree! Thank you! I'll post some before and afters. It's pretty crazy what a little bit of low can do.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Capote

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Took more pictures, and also sprayed my calipers. Will be changing my front stage and amp rack on my system soon, using fiberglass.

74F4D1DA-ABE6-475D-A8C9-78D650C6B934_zpsj2uaixi8.jpg

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
02Olds said:
Took more pictures, and also sprayed my calipers. Will be changing my front stage and amp rack on my system soon, using fiberglass.

74F4D1DA-ABE6-475D-A8C9-78D650C6B934_zpsj2uaixi8.jpg
Red looks good, stands out behind the black wheels. G2 brush on paint or rattle can? Did you paint the rotors too?

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
You have a mechman too? Nice! I just had to put another one in my truck from them. The first one lived about 3 years and quit last week. The rear bearing literally blew apart. Do you have the usual 250a unit from them?

edit: nvm. I see you have a 270. My old one was supposed to be a 270 but I guess they stopped doing that and I have a 250 which is still plenty. I have it so it gets to 259a at 1800rpm but with the pulley size they used, I can get to that full output super early. They rate it at a 3:1 ratio and we have a 4:1 ratio to really spin that alt fast but that also poses the issue of burning up the alt if you rev the engine high a ton.

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Been a long time since I've been on here. Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but just an update for those of you who used to follow some of my stuff:

She's still with me, and many things have changed. I got a new set of 255/70/17's for winter... Yes, that's right, lowered on 31.5" tires... been through audio setups since then, and still modding the inside and out.

Attachments

• Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 24

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
Where in NY are you?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher