Some Odd Observations about "BladeRunner 2049"

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
..SPOILER ALERT…..SPOILER ALERT….SPOILER ALERT….

Regarding the movie, “Blade Runner 2049”; since being released in the USA during the month of October, 2017… a WIKI listing on the movie has been created but for some reason, the author completely missed some very subtle but equally important artifacts about the film which bear mentioning here. For the MODS reading… please observe that I don’t have a 'Religious Axe to Grind' and never will... so if the subject is in the least bit in conflict with the Site Rules... by all means... Please dispense with this post. These are just some observations that seem to me to jump right out at the audience as being so obvious… and for nothing to be mentioned in the dedicated WIKI linked below about their presence in the film puzzled me. The word and concept of "The Soul" is made mention of only twice in the film, but appears to be a pivotal issue during the film...and yet the subject is never broached in the review written for the WIKI.

What I am referring to are the numbers that relate to the Main Protagonist Character in particular (KD – 6:3-7) and also to an object with some apparent hidden significance that he later takes possession of during the film… A Small Wooden Horse ...that bears the deep engraving of this number upon it’s base: (6:10-21). The quizzical construct of these numbers seem to bear some connection to how chapters and verses for biblical texts are written and if this was not intentional... ironically, it also plays well with the storyline in the movie. I find this interesting, since Director Ridley Scott, while not favoring heavy religious dogma in the least, he actually challenges these ideas with his other late arrivals to the Science Fiction Realms of the movies "Prometheus and its sequel "Alien Covenant". Who knows... perhaps one or more of his writers managed to sneak these right by him during the final writing the screenplay and sort of hid them in plain sight, so to speak…? :>)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2049

For The Wooden Horse: Ephesians 6:10-21 (The Armor of God)

And for The Replicant, "K": Romans 6:3-7 (Resurrection After Death)

Jul 24, 2012
Great movie either way. Loved it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.