(Solved)Water in the rear.

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Hey guys. I'll get right to it. I'm my rear hatch storage hole thing (lol) I've been accumulating massive amounts of water. Now i know theres a drainage system ie rubber hoses that run from the headliner down and out all 4 pillars. I'm just wondering if anything else could be leaking. I noticed the water also ponding in this giant channel between the cubby hole and the rear weatherstrip. There's no drainage area on this. Could this be a plugged up drainage line, or something else?

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I had a similar thing happen to me. It turns out the jug of distilled water I keep in the back was leaking.

I'm not aware of any official drainage for that lowered storage area - I commonly see it filled with stagnant water on junked GMT360/370's.
I'm not sure how water would get down there en masse unless the hatch is leaking. Perhaps the weather stripping is kinked/split allowing water in from the top of the hatch.

Get out the garden hose and see what happens.

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Unfortunately this seems like the way it's going to go. I found 4. Drain caps under the truck near the by cover . I popped them out and 6 to 8 ounces came pouring out if I had to measure. I'll leave the caps off for now until I can get to the bottom of all this.

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Happy to report issue is found and solved. It was the main hatch weatherstrip. Pulled out my hose and the Bottom left corner allowed water to literally flood in from the outside. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
I had similar flooding in the rear cargo area... was caused by rear-AC Evaporator condensation drain being clogged. I unclogged the hose behind the rear tire and it dripped for hours... a lot of water accumulates there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online