Sold the Trailblazer yesterday :(

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys. As the title say, i sold the TB yesterday. She had 150,000 miles on her. Absolutly an amazing truck. id buy another one tomorrow. The reason i sold it is because my dad bought a new car (2013 mustang) (real nice car), and im leaving for the Air Force in a couple of months. I sold it for $3000 which i think is a fair deal, and i had a new registration payment coming up, so now i dont need to pay that. ill be driving his truck until i leave so it worked out IMO. I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the help over the past year, Meeting some great people, and the entertainment this site has provided. Ill still be around on here from in my free time. Im still gonna try to make some meets. But again, A great truck that will truly be missed, a lot of memories were had with it. Thanks everyone :cool: Dan P.

ALso: i will post in FS section as well: I have a rampage LED light bar i had on the tailgate. It has reverse/brake/and turn signal functions. Still works great. I bought it for $70. $30 to who ever wants it.
:thumbsup: Thanks again GMT family :thumbsup:

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Just know that you don't have to stop coming by just because you sold the truck...
We welcome ALL types in here - Harmless (Stef) is a prime example! :rotfl:
Thanks bro I appreciate it :thumbsup:

warriorpluto said:
Three grand? Damn someone got a steal. Even at that mileage the dealership would sell for 5800.

Dont tell me that man :no: Ha. That said the were gonna wholesale it. Does that make a difference?

acollins0610

Jul 22, 2012
Good luck in the Air Force...I will be ending my enlistment in a couple of months! What job did you get? If you have any questions or need some help give me a shout!

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
acollins0610 said:
Good luck in the Air Force...I will be ending my enlistment in a couple of months! What job did you get? If you have any questions or need some help give me a shout!

Awesome man. Thanks for your service. It must be a good feeling :cool: Im going into the mechanical aptitude area so i wont know the specific job until the second week of BMT. What was your job? and what do you reccomend as the best jobs? thanks alot man itll be good to talk to someone first hand. :thumbsup:

acollins0610

Jul 22, 2012
I'm Security Forces which is basically military police...I would try to stay from this job unless you love law enforcement...or you really like working long, long hours, weekends and holidays, and want to deploy a bunch. I am actually at work now, and a day is typically 13 to 15 hours. I have been deployed about 4 of the 6 years I have been in. Mechanic job is good, don't deploy that much and it's more of a real schedule. There are two sides, the Air Force and the real Air Force, anything dealing with the aircraft are part of the real Air Force and you should be golden.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Wow, you didn't have to sell it just because you are joining the air force. When you get to tech school you are going to want wheels. You never know if you will end up close to home for school to go pick it up. I spend 5 months at Aberdeen Proving Grounds for my first tech school. I also did plenty of deployments.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
acollins0610 said:
I'm Security Forces which is basically military police...I would try to stay from this job unless you love law enforcement...or you really like working long, long hours, weekends and holidays, and want to deploy a bunch. I am actually at work now, and a day is typically 13 to 15 hours. I have been deployed about 4 of the 6 years I have been in. Mechanic job is good, don't deploy that much and it's more of a real schedule. There are two sides, the Air Force and the real Air Force, anything dealing with the aircraft are part of the real Air Force and you should be golden.

ya man it sounds like security is more general but i have talked to a couple guys who like it. Where are you stationed at now?

djthumper said:
Wow, you didn't have to sell it just because you are joining the air force. When you get to tech school you are going to want wheels. You never know if you will end up close to home for school to go pick it up. I spend 5 months at Aberdeen Proving Grounds for my first tech school. I also did plenty of deployments.

ya i agree, i did think long and hard about keeping it but the main reason is because of the loan i have to pay on it still and i didnt want to have to worry about that. I plan on buying something newer and more economical when im done tech school. Something 4wd or AWD preferably. I want to try to get stationed in alaska or somewhere like that so i dont think a 2wd is practical. haha. thanks for the suggestion tho i deffenetly see whaere your coming from. Aberdeen is about 20 mins from my house now, my dad works there. its a nice base.

acollins0610

Jul 22, 2012
I guess it depends on where you are stationed and your leadership... I have been pretty unfortunate in those areas. I am stationed at joint base McGuire-dix-Lakehurst.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
acollins0610 said:
I guess it depends on where you are stationed and your leadership... I have been pretty unfortunate in those areas. I am stationed at joint base McGuire-dix-Lakehurst.

haha dam man. im sorry to hear that. i heard from a couple people its pretty hard to rank up in the AF. True?

acollins0610

Jul 22, 2012
It depends on your job...some jobs it takes forever...others not so much I made staff sergeant in 4 years... It's not bad man just don't get deterred in bmt or tech school the air force is nothing like they make you believe it is

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
acollins0610 said:
It depends on your job...some jobs it takes forever...others not so much I made staff sergeant in 4 years... It's not bad man just don't get deterred in bmt or tech school the air force is nothing like they make you believe it is

ya thanks for the advice. how many years did you sign up for?

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Dan, Wow I just now saw this thread, the TB is gone? :eek: :frown: Hey man don't be a stranger.... Good luck in the AF!! :thumbsup:

[ Thanks again for your help at Dover :yes: I am doing an indoor show in SEPT in Wilmington, and will be with the Sound of Tri State cars in their booth. Also hired a girl I know to model for me. :cool: ]

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
mikeinDE said:
Dan, Wow I just now saw this thread, the TB is gone? :eek: :frown: Hey man don't be a stranger.... Good luck in the AF!! :thumbsup:

[ Thanks again for your help at Dover :yes: I am doing an indoor show in SEPT in Wilmington, and will be with the Sound of Tri State cars in their booth. Also hired a girl I know to model for me. :cool: ]

cool mike thanks man. ill try to make that meet. Keep me updated on the date and time. Im still on here a lot still so ill be around. haha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online