[SOLD] Selling 03 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4wd 4.2.

BanditGTP

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Central NJ
The time has finally come to part ways with my Envoy. A few months ago as I was getting up to speed on the highway entrance ramp, I lost all gears. I had it towed back home and it has sat there since. I haven't taken it to a shop to check out just because I'm not looking to put any money into it and it's time to invest in something newer.
The engine and tranny are original and have never really given me any trouble until recently. The truck has approx 347k miles and I would say 98% of everything still works. There might be a light or two out on the climate controls. Steering wheel buttons, power and heated seats and A/C all still work. No serious rust on the body. The only rust spots I've come across are on the inner edge of the rear wheel wells. No major dents except for the grille and the edge of the hood from hitting a deer (God rest it's soul). I'm not looking to part it out since it's sitting in my driveway and don't it to become an eyesore.
I'm asking $1200. Feel free to send me ask any questions or if you want to see some specific pics.

Forgot to mention...I live in Central NJ (Zip code 08828).

IMG_8411.JPGIMG_8413.JPGIMG_8409.JPGIMG_8410.JPGIMG_8403.JPGIMG_8404.JPGIMG_8405.JPGIMG_8406.JPGIMG_8418.JPGIMG_8419.JPGIMG_8420.JPGIMG_8421.JPGIMG_8422.JPGIMG_8423.JPGIMG_8424.JPGIMG_8407.JPGIMG_8408.JPGIMG_8416.JPGIMG_8417.JPG

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Looking damn good for those miles... Good Luck With The Sale!

I would make one suggestion. Check the tranny fluid level. If it lost fluid, and then the gears from lack of pressure, it would be a simple fix, and make the truck much more valuable to get to your asking price.

BanditGTP

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Central NJ
Thanks for the suggestion Tollkeeper.

I checked the fluid level when this all happened and the level looked fine. I recently changed the filter and fluid using the process I found by disconnecting the line from the radiator and then running the engine to drain the fluid. I went through 3 gallons of fluid. Hopefully it wasn't one of those things that a lot of people talk about regarding either changing the fluid or leave it alone.

BanditGTP

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Central NJ
Just reduced the price. It needs to go since I’m planning to get another truck soon and I don’t have enough room for all the cars in the family. As of now, I’m still looking to sell it as a one piece but I may be up to selling some parts if it comes down to going to a scrapyard with it. I’ll keep you posted if I start selling parts separately. Feel free to send me messages if anyone has a wish list of what they might need. It would be a first come first serve basis.

BanditGTP

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Central NJ
So....I got the new truck (work van:frown:) so now the lack of parking spaces is an everyday topic in the house. Dropping the price to $800.

BanditGTP

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Central NJ
Dropping the price one last time to $600 before it ends up going to a junk yard.
I started it a few days ago and the engine was running fine. If this damn transmission problem didn’t come up, I wouldn’t have any doubt I would still be putting lots of miles on it.

Can one of the mods erase the price from the thread title? I don’t see how I can do it myself. Thanks

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Isnt there a guy here on the forums looking for a EXT model for his wife.. I cant remember who it is thou.

BanditGTP

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Central NJ
Well unfortunately I haven't had any luck selling my Envoy and the best price I got from scrap places is $500. I'd rather see it go to someone that could use it for parts instead of a scrap/recycler place. If I don't get any takers over the next few days, it'll be heading off to a scrap yard.

• Sad
Reactions: Mooseman

BanditGTP

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Central NJ
Sold. Hopefully one day I’ll pick up a Yukon or Tahoe and be a member again. Actually my wife is driving a 2016 Acadia so I may still be hanging around.

Thanks everyone for all of the help I’ve gotten over the years.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Once a member, always a member. Heck, we even have some stragglers that don't own a GMT at all.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Once a member, always a member. Heck, we even have some stragglers that don't own a GMT at all.
Or even a GM!!! BLASPHEMY!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher