SOLD: CDN: Tech2 near Ottawa

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Spotted this on FB Marketplace. About 20 minutes away from me. This is a good deal and seems to be like new. Most of the accessories are still in their original wrapping. I paid over $350 for mine several years ago. On Amazon.ca, they're $560 and the cheapest on eBay from the land of clones, $392.

I can facilitate shipping if anyone in Canada wants it and the seller won't ship.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Think you could buy it, and I pay you for it, plus shipping? Thats a smoking deal.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I could but the shipping could be expensive from here. It comes to about $202USD before shipping. And I don't know if your CBP is still looking out for Chinese clones. If the border was open, I could have driven to Ogdensburg to ship it. It's just another 30 minutes from where it's located.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
As long as we can keep it below 280 (AM) all in, I think I am good. And shipping by postal I think might get around the CBP. You would know what to look for, to make sure the kit is complete (card, adapters, etc). Even if we have to wait until the border is open, thats ok. I am in no rush at this moment.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I can't see it costing more than $50 or 60CAD. I'd also have to get insurance. It's just a couple of bucks per $100CAD.

My only concern is the case. Sometimes they overcharge for the size alone. That case doesn't look like the original.

And if I put USED SCAN TOOL on the customs declaration, that should not raise the ire of the border gestapo.

Just be aware that any vehicle 2014+ will not work with it. Saying that since you're looking for another vehicle.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just sent the seller a message. I'll PM you from here on out.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Case is not the OEM style for sure. But I would be happy with it.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I think I found another low mile GMT.. 2003 Escalade trying to get the details of it now

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, the Tech2 was sold to me pending shipment to @TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Will send payment out tonight at home computer, and verification of my PM.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's done. Paid, packed and ready to go. Keep an eye out on CL and FB Marketplace. Like this guy, he bought it for his Tahoe last year and sold it, now has a Porsche Cayenne :confused:
Can also happen if they buy a vehicle too new for it. Deals can happen.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online