SOLD: BDS 2" Lift and z71 Springs

mesaboogie

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I am looking to sell my lift. It's about a month old. Everything is in great shape - less than 100 miles on everything. (Everything is also posted in the classifieds on OffRoadTB.com)

BDS Suspension Lift 2" with MarkMC/Liftmeister .5" spacers = 2.75" lift (missing a couple washers)
Asking: $250 + Shipping
bdslift.jpg

z71 Rear Springs (25978750)
Asking: $60 + Shipping
z71.jpg

6x5 Wheel Adapters: SOLD
89 Springs: SOLD
Tires: SOLD

The lift on my TB:
TBLIFTSALE2.png
TBLIFTSALE.png

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
mesaboogie said:
I am looking to sell my lift. It's about a month old. Everything is in great shape - less than 100 miles on everything.

Why did you decide you don't want it?

mesaboogie

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
DJones said:
Why did you decide you don't want it?

The ride was a little too rough for it being my daily driver. I think i was a bit too ambitious putting 89 springs up front without any body armor to put some weight on them. If i don't end up selling the lift, i'll probably throw it back on this summer with the stock springs when i have a snow free driveway again to do the work on. But i'm happy with my stock TB.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
Blasthemy!!!! :raspberry:

Even I was persuaded in the way of lifting, this was a hard sell that took 2-3 years of multiple people talking to me about it. But now that my SS is obviously a lowered truck, there is no reason my 02 shouldnt be lifted! And so it was done.

Good luck with the sell, parts look to be in good shape! :thumbsup:

mesaboogie

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Even I was persuaded in the way of lifting, this was a hard sell that took 2-3 years of multiple people talking to me about it. But now that my SS is obviously a lowered truck, there is no reason my 02 shouldnt be lifted! And so it was done.

Good luck with the sell, parts look to be in good shape! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Honestly, I loved the lift minus the ride from the 89s. If it was summer, I probably would have messed with different setups. But since its my only car during the winter months, I couldn't really afford to experiment a whole lot. I drive way more than I want to for work and so I figured it would be easiest to just go back to stock and avoid the stress.

Plus I could use this money towards a new guitar i've been eying :undecided:

mesaboogie

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
BDS Suspension Lift 2" with MarkMC/Liftmeister .5" spacers have been SOLD!

z71 springs are still available:coffee:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
mesaboogie said:
Thanks!

Honestly, I loved the lift minus the ride from the 89s. If it was summer, I probably would have messed with different setups. But since its my only car during the winter months, I couldn't really afford to experiment a whole lot. I drive way more than I want to for work and so I figured it would be easiest to just go back to stock and avoid the stress.

Plus I could use this money towards a new guitar i've been eying :undecided:

Yea I kept my 84/85/86 springs on my 02 so I wouldnt have to worry about it. Throw in a new set of Bilstein HDs up there and some Pro Comp shocks in the rears, handles really well now. Pretty firm, but not overly harsh because the springs are still soft.

Play with it in the summer, Im lucky now that Im back at home in Seattle I have access to another car so I can have my SS down for a few days without a problem.

mesaboogie

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Throw in a new set of Bilstein HDs up there and some Pro Comp shocks in the rears, handles really well now.

That's where i goofed. I did replace the front struts with Bilstein HD's but i had forgotten that i had already thrown away the OEM rear shocks when i replaced them with the Fox 2.0's and the z71 springs. I was just going to use the OEM's to hold me over until i could order something new. So when i took the lift apart, i did the front end first (compressing the springs scares the crap out of me every time i do it and i wanted to get it done and over it) but i didn't remember until i had finished that and started on the back that i had thrown the rears away. I had started to put the fox's back on but they were super super compressed with the stock springs and i didn't want to chance ruining them. So last minute i ran out and just threw some Gabriel Ultra's on from autozone. I'm not proud of it, but so far they've been alright. I don't have the heart to just replace them with only a couple months worth of use on them. But eventually, I'll order new bilstein's.

mesaboogie

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Everything has been sold! :thankyou:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.