So yea.. About to be a dad again..

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Personal.. but just needing to talk about it... Vent a bit..

So my wife tells me she is pregnant last Sunday.. Which is a huge shock to me, and her.

We were both told after she had our last child, that she would never be able to conceive again. Without getting into to many intimate details.. Her plumbing is not right.

Well mother nature had other plans.

So we are 8-12 weeks along.. ***Sigh*** Find out the exact timeline on the 15th.

The Saturday before it, we were out looking to buy a truck... Found a 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Limited that I absolutely loved, that was 30k less than MSRP at 59k. Mind you, she found out that she was pregnant that morning, I was still in the dark about it at this point. If it had 2 more options, a sunroof and been Silver and not black, I would have bought it.

I am glad I did not buy the truck at this point. But as of Saturday night, I was planning on going back to the dealer on Monday, and buying it. Her idea was to let me buy the truck to soften the blow of having another child. Someone out there was looking out for me... Would have had to return the truck.

Moving beyond all that.. I cant say that I am happy about the impending bouncing baby, but I am not upset about it either. Just in sheer shock, and to be honest a bit scared. I am scared for her. We cant go to any normal doctor, she is considered extreme risk Category D rising to Level X. I love my son, and I love my wife, I am just scared that this pregnancy might take her from me and our son.

To put it more into simpler terms.. When I bought my XUV.. My wife and I were in our late 20's. I am now in my mid 40's. I am not as young as I used to be, and neither is my wife.

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
I can appreciate your apprehension a little. When my mother was 43 (she had had five children when she was younger) she found out she was pregnant. Didn't tell the kids ( a couple were already adults), and they were walking on eggshells wondering if she was pregnant, but afraid to ask. When she finally told everyone, it was still a shock.

I guess in my view it turned out all right in the end. That six kid ended up being me, so I appreciate that I got to join the family, even if it wasn't part of plans. I guess as people we like to plan out as much as we can, but sometimes life takes us on some detours. I sincerely hope that it works out for you. Feel free to follow up post, even if it is just to get some random person to listen to what you are going through.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Toll, all I can say is that I hope there are no complications for your wife and baby and that everything goes smoothly.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Things happen for a reason and they work themselves out. At least you're not saddled with a new truck payment until things settle down.

In your 40's, you still have lots of life left. Like someone once told me, they'll be a comfort in your old age. I can attest to that.

Reactions: Matt and Beacon

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
1 year old now... Momma, Austin, Martin (who turns 5 at Christmas)

May be an image of 3 people, child and indoor

c good

Dec 8, 2011
Glad Martin has a brother! Glad everyone is OK. My Dad was 41 when I was born. I never felt he was too old growing up. We rode motorcycles, hiked, built cars, built houses together for many years. Enjoy the kids while you can.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online