so who still uses the old site?

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
I'm totally blocked, can't get at any category. It says my password is 2216 days old and has expired. Maybe I have a cookie that identifies me.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Just change your ip address, there's plenty of instructions how to do it online for whatever platform you're running.

Then you can make a new account.

Reactions: MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yah clear cookies and renew your IP.

I checked it out tonight after I saw this thread bumped. Same old lame old over there.

Hello xxxxxx,
It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Please take a few moments to perhaps ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Thanks!

DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE

Reactions: Mounce

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
If I change my IP address, is that going to affect other sites I have been using for years? Sorry for going off topic for this thread.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
freddyboy61 said:
If I change my IP address, is that going to affect other sites I have been using for years? Sorry for going off topic for this thread.
It shouldn't. Cookies are used for common stuff like that; bans get IP-specific as an attempted additional deterrent, as cookies are very easily cleared. Sometimes a simple power outage on your home modem can get you a different IP, it all depends on the company in that respect.

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
Hypnotoad - I choose to help who I want and when I want, and it's not based on my alliagence to anyone. So don't tell me what to do, thank you!!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
You shouldn't have any problems with other sites after renewing your IP. Like illogic said sometimes your IP can change and you're none the wiser.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Looks like their introduction threads are still doing well :no:

Pretty impressive, EL_COMPA's intro thread has 767 views with only 7 replys. Interesting thing about the replys is that they are all new members that just joined and introducing themselves :duh:

Picture1.jpg

Edit: On a good note I found a thread started by carid.com offering a 10% military discount on your order. All they need is a copy of your active duty ID or a copy of your DD-214. Below is the thread.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=130665

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I saw one thread a while back that about 7 people had used for their introduction. Posted about this site in it and told them that one person's thread wasn't the introduction section lol. Few days later I started getting notifications where that even more people were introducing themselves in that one thread. :hopeless:

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Yeah I have seen that issue a few times. Then a lot of the intro threads will jump into a technical discussion question, which never gets answered and is not beneficial to others when searching.

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
What old site trailvoy? The ads are ridiculous.

I can still log in and start a thread stating GMT Nation is better. If that's what you guys want.
I can still log in and start a thread stating GMT Nation is better. If that's what you guys want.
done

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At this point it has already been done for years. It has become a smaller issue than before, but we do try to save those that wander there without knowing the real deal.

Reactions: Mike w

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
animal said:
There is STILL an "old site"????? :hopeless:
Freddyboy and Loverotties were single handedly keeping it going. Until they banned Freddy for referring folks here when he didn't have answers to questions.

Now it's all up to Loverotties. He should do a fine job keeping things going, just as long as the fix for every problem is an ignition switch.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
I despise dumbrotties. Very argumentative when you point out how wrong he is, which in his eyes is never.
Sad thing is there is no one there to correct him. Most of the "active" members they have are noobs themselves and do not have any info to add or contradict what information that guy is giving.

Edit: Wow, look at Mike w's post on the OS. Straight forward and to the point, nice :thumbsup: Thread has been active since 1pm 7/30/14.

:rotfl: Even tagged it as "Solved"

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=130865

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
One of the sections over there marks everything as solved, I believe lol. On my shill account there I posted a little "how-to" about how to find help (here of course!) and it stayed up for a week or more until they finally found me out and put me on global ignore. :sadcry: I wouldn't expect his post to stay up as long as mine did due to the name but I admire the straight-forward approach! :thumbsup: And then again, you gotta wonder when the "staff" there is going to check about such things. On said shill account of mine, I directed people here by adding a tip or two and spelling it out as gmt nation .com, on my original account since I got blocked, I've been spelling it out as g m t n a t i o n . c o m. I feel like they probably get on there and do a forum search for "gmt" "nation" and "gmtnation" or something like that because I've seen people space it out like I do now and get away with it for months.

Reactions: dmanns67

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Vertical Scope admins can only spend ten minutes a day on each of their forums, so they're usually not looking in threads for signs of subversion. And there are ZERO active mods anymore.

So the only way the admins get alerted is if some asshat like loverotties hits the "report this post" button and tattles on you. That's why spammers live on, and word is starting to spread that trailvoy doesn't police its forums anymore.

It's worse than a ghost town when the Internet starts abusing them by dumping their toxic waste in the main street.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Freddie, you were on borrowed time for a LONG time. I couldn't believe how often you would come right out and reference solutions to be found here, though it was cool as heck.

My shill account is very quiet, now that my main account has been banned. I work mostly in the background, quietly helping in the tunnels.

Reactions: Mounce

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks Rob, I guess I was surprised too that I wasn't caught sooner. But I also knew that the admins were almost nonexistent.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
freddyboy61 said:
Thanks Rob, I guess I was surprised too that I wasn't caught sooner. But I also knew that the admins were almost nonexistent.
It was funny to watch you just outright point over here with some problems. :rotfl:

While I don't like the OS myself, I won't rip on you for providing help over there. After all, someone has to have the answers so they can keep their vehicle long enough to get over here! And also because of my dedication to the platform, it's not their fault they found the wrong place to ask questions.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Rogue92

Apr 19, 2014
Only time I even go on the OS is to find a "How To" article that isn't on GMT or on MAY03's channel or any other youtube channel....and even at that, I usually don't login. Since, you know, VS is a bunch of j@ck@***s.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Sucks when you accidentally post a lengthy referral over there on your banned account. Thank God for copy and paste lol. Every once in a while I'll log in to my banned shill account to make sure my original account hasn't been blocked yet, and I forgot to switch back.

TimRXUV777

May 6, 2014
Rogue92 said:
Only time I even go on the OS is to find a "How To" article that isn't on GMT or on MAY03's channel or any other youtube channel....and even at that, I usually don't login.
I do the same thing. I pretty much only go to the OS to reference the archives for the how to threads on the old site. Suggestion.. since most of the OP's are on this site would it be prudent to archive all the how to articles that are over there into a PDF file/or a few PDF files of similar subjects and post the links to them in a sticky thread to access those PDFs on this site? Or would that still be an intellectual property violation issue?

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
TimRXUV777 said:
I do the same thing. I pretty much only go to the OS to reference the archives for the how to threads on the old site. Suggestion.. since most of the OP's are on this site would it be prudent to archive all the how to articles that are over there into a PDF file/or a few PDF files of similar subjects and post the links to them in a sticky thread to access those PDFs on this site? Or would that still be an intellectual property violation issue?
Well, to get around plagiarism concerns, generous people could supply fresh photos where photos are done in the How-To threads and put the procedure in their own words. The procedure itself isn't exactly copyright, it's just that specific person's specific wording of it that is, potentially. Many websites have the disclaimer that any material posted to their site becomes their material, it's all legalese blah-blah.

Reactions: TimRXUV777

TimRXUV777

May 6, 2014
I think PDFs would be handy for offline reference and that sure would reduce the need for me to access the OS.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
So i went back to TBSSowners to see if there were any updates to the "FF scammed me" Thread and starting poking around because I was thinking about joining...THINKING about it. You guys may want to sit down for this.... :deal:

I was thinking about joining the site and noticed all the ads looked a lot like trailvoy, i looked at the moderators page and found something very interesting. The top listed Moderator is Autoguide-dot-com!!!!

When I do a "whois" domain registration query to see who's registered the domain, that data base used to explicitly tell people it was Rob Laidlaw at Vertical Scope behind it, now they're trying to HIDE THE TRUTH and use a domain anonymizing service to conceal who they are. But the DNS entry for the domain shows the truth:

Name Server: NAME1.AUTOFORUMS.COM
Name Server: NAME2.AUTOFORUMS.COM
Name Server: NAME3.AUTOFORUMS.COM

Fking Vertical Scope. :Banghead:

I don't Know Tony at all, but it seems to me after what happened to trailvoy he would avoid selling out to vertical scope?? :nono:

Attachments

• fkingVS.jpg
    fkingVS.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 19

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Saddening

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher