So whats the difference between Ac Delco fluids vs Mobile 1?

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
So I have been waiting for my Amazon cards to come seeing the every changing prices on Amazon happen weekly. AC Delco trans fluid was at $21 now its $31, AC trak has stayed at around $10. Is there really a difference between a aftermarket synth vs Ac Delco?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Probably not. ACDelco don't have their own refinery so likely they buy and repackage the lubes from one of the majors. One exception would be the Auto-Trak 2 fluid but even that is probably made by one of the majors for them with their formula.

ACDelco is a parts manufacturer/supplier, just like the others. They have some exclusive licenses to some things but GM does license out some products like Dexron VI and Dexcool to just about anybody that meets their requirements.

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
So I should be fine using a major brand like Mobile 1 for my fluids. My anti-freeze that I used was not Ac Delco and it been great so far. I would rather save some cash and use that to buy more parts for the Trailblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Pretty much anything that meets spec is fine. It's just how far it exceeded it that makes the difference.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Pretty much anything that meets spec is fine. It's just how far it exceeded it that makes the difference.

Or not. I have yet to see anyone show that a particular additive truly increases gas mileage or the life of an engine. But if spending extra money makes someone feel good, it's their money.

I've always just used what ever dino based oil was on sale that met SAE specifications. I keep my vehicles anywhere from 160k to 200k. They are always still running beautifully when I sell them.

More recently I tried a store brand of full synthetic that's about 1/3 the price of Mobil 1. I'm a synthetic convert now. Got rid of the lifter tick I had, and my 5.3 just runs a lot quieter.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Or not. I have yet to see anyone show that a particular additive truly increases gas mileage or the life of an engine. But if spending extra money makes someone feel good, it's their money.

I've always just used what ever dino based oil was on sale that met SAE specifications. I keep my vehicles anywhere from 160k to 200k. They are always still running beautifully when I sell them.

More recently I tried a store brand of full synthetic that's about 1/3 the price of Mobil 1. I'm a synthetic convert now. Got rid of the lifter tick I had, and my 5.3 just runs a lot quieter.
Don't mind that. It's just the engineer in me speaking. :rotfl: if it meets it it meets it. Any gains beyond that are minimal. My bad.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Don't mind that. It's just the engineer in me speaking. :rotfl: if it meets it it meets it. Any gains beyond that are minimal. My bad.

No worries. :2thumbsup: I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, just spewing my view on things. If it seemed like I was, it was not intentional.

Reactions: littleblazer

AzTruckGuy

Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
I'm doing the oil change also, I was going to the synth way anyways, so use to my old air cooled engine, where it was a No No to mix dino and synth do to seals leaking, it doesn't matter with the Trailblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.