So if there was a TSB for the early model wavy bumper fix....

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
....why the crap wasn't it done to later models?

I had to remove the front bumper from an 07 TB today. I noticed that the bumper had the good old wave in it before removing it. I was expecting to have to remove/reapply the double sided tape that (allegedly) fixes this. To my surprise, there wasn't any there. I would think that if the wavy bumper was a big enough problem that it warranted a TSB, that they would do it to all of them from that point on.

The owner didn't care about the wave so I hung it back on as is. Dang non-enthusiasts lol.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MAY03LT said:
Dang non-enthusiasts lol.
You probably let the truck out of your shop with the resonator intact, too. Sigh.....Biggest noob-sign there is. Like a huge hanging hemorrhoid.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I will never look at my resonator the same way now.:frown:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
MAY03LT said:
The owner didn't care about the wave so I hung it back on as is. Dang non-enthusiasts lol.

Mine's an early model with the wavy bumper and I don't really care either, to be honest...but I did get rid of the res.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
jrSS said:
Ewww what a picture in my mind I got from that....haha lol^^^

The impression I had of my Envoy was a Scotsman whose kilt is too short. Too many ugly things in plain view.

envisionelec

Jun 20, 2012
the roadie said:
You probably let the truck out of your shop with the resonator intact, too. Sigh.....Biggest noob-sign there is. Like a huge hanging hemorrhoid.

Hmm. What's the alternative, taking it off? Mine used to rattle until I beat the shit out of it with a sledge. No more rattle. :wink:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
envisionelec said:
Hmm. What's the alternative, taking it off?

Yep, taking it off and having a pipe welded to a rear or side exit. It's a cleaner look and slightly changes the exhaust note.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online