Snowball ~ 02 TB LS

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Yea. I think I'll just make a bull bar. I don't like how the OEM bumper looks.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
......ummm no Ryan, just no..

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: SnowBlazer

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
SnowBlazer said:
Thanks, everyone for the positive feedback. Garth, that one seems to be the reluctant one of the pair. I'll take a socket wrench to it today to snug it up.

Can't wait for my wiring harness to come in so I can get these lit up!
You gonna make them more flush or keep them like that? It'd be sick if they were LED ones

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Keep em. I designed it so I can take the grille on and off with no issues. I would like it more flush mounted but, it would be a pain with the grille.

As for LEDs I can, and at some point will put HID's in there. But I agree, led spots would look nice (such as the Whelen Par 46, but I don't have that kind of money :rotfl: ).

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ah okay, I see

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
That's what I'm thinking because all that is really is a post on a slat of metal. It's only intended purpose is for the trailer accessory power.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mounce said:
The little fella on the right. I think it should have a nut on it unlike in the picture, was the first good pic I saw on google so I stole it.

attachicon.gif
IMG00835.jpg
There is no nut on there but IIRC it is a M10 x 1.0

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Finally got tint I see, nice

Reactions: SnowBlazer

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
May 6th 2015:

Replaced thermostat. (Elapsed time 4-5 hours)

It was honestly a huge PITA. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

First two bolts on the alternator came off with ease. Then we got to the lower bolt and ended up jacking the truck to get to it. That took a while since you can't see the bolt at all and are blind wrenching the bolt out. Eventually we got the alternator out, and then started disconnecting the thermostat. We used a (new) cat litter box to catch coolant, that was a mess.

Once the thermostat was free, and most of the coolant was caught, came the hose clamp. This is where we really started feeling frustrated. Trying to get the hose clam off, it ended up breaking. We tried everything trying to get it off and ended up using a Dremel to cut the clamp in half, and then pulled the thermostat out of the tube.

When installing the new thermostat, we lost the lower bolt in my engine bay. Go to Hole Depot and get another and end up leaving the OEM bolt in the bolt sizing board ( :duh: ). After getting all the way back and realizing it, we go back to get another 6mm bolt.

Reconstruction/coolant refill was the easy part and only took us about 45 minutes tops.

Overall, a frustrating job, but it was totally worth it considering my gas mileage is way better and my truck is running the way it's supposed to. If you decide to replace your thermostat, have someone help you and be prepared for it to be rough. It's not an easy 1 hour job by any means. :thumbsup:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431104400.519518.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431104412.833304.jpg

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
So the mod bug was hungry and couldn't wait for the new headlights.

So I ended up swapping the front & rear blinkers. Clears in the front, ambers in the back.

The clears in the front are dimmer than I expected. They'll do for now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433557893.688119.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433557917.985889.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433557929.803676.jpg

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Is it LED or?

If LED, it comes to the orange filter/reflector. It filters out every color besides orange and very little orange comes out of a white LED whereas a lot comes out of an incandescent/halogen/whatever the little 194's are. Same thing with amber behind a red lens, more red in a clear bulb than an amber unless it's a white LED.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I didn't even notice the front turn signal, I was looking at the corner marker which looks like a white LED by how yellow it is.

Not trying to hate too hard here but I'm not a fan of your swap. Little ignorant looking to other people as if you didn't realize ambers are supposed to go there, not to mention it's probably illegal in your parts.

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
So I come out of work and notice there's a note on the window....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434162528.178876.jpg

Upon further inspection...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434162549.246521.jpg

If you're going to insult me, learn how to spell...

P.S. I think I already knew I parked like a douche. Thanks for wasting your time and giving me an ego boost! It will happen again!

Reactions: Capote

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online