Smart Phone Tech Rant From A Not-So-Techy DUDE

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Ok, so if you caught last night's post whore thread you know I just bought a new Nokia Lumia 920. Why? Because I wanted windows ( I like it like I like my trailblazer :raspberry: and one more "like" for all those who like, like Six) and it was 4GLTE. The new 1020 has a great camera and I wasn't impressed. The saleslady did not push it when I told her to "sell" it to me when I decided on the 920. So 920 or a free HTC (everyone I know that has had an HTC loved it til it croaked) windows 8. 920 has better camera so 920 it is.... I had a Samsung Focus. Worked great forever even when cracked like a junkyard windshield. Windows 7 and 3G worked for me until I could no longer charge my phone...

So I go to make a post when my new toy and the freakin keypad would not stay up, kept disappearing right away, when I wanted to post here! Wait for the store to open and I am off. Lady who worked with me yesterday was there so I made the other vultures scram so I could chat with her.

EVERY WINDOWS 8 PHONE AT THE AT&T STORE DID NOT ALLOW THE KEYPAD TO REMAIN UP SO I COULD POST. Tried every single windows phone at the store. Windows 7 I can post. Windows 8 I can not. I can make a thread title and edit the edit line but not in this big lovely whore box lol. Log in just fine too. But the blasted keypad disappears when I want to write a post.

Go ahead all you windows haters. Let me hear it or publicize the problem! Any one care to seek out a windows8 phone for me so I can post... anyone else able to with theirs???

Or is this a conspiracy with the site and Tapitytalk so I buy the app I refuse to? :rotfl: :yes: :raspberry:

I will send someone a varietal six pack of their brew type choosing if you can find me a windows8 that is capable of posting here without the NOT-FREE app :biggrin:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Dude...get an Android phone...and if im not mistaken there is a FREE version of tapa now lol

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Dude...get an Android phone...and if im not mistaken there is a FREE version of tapa now lol

alright I'll check now for this free version. When cap and dman gave me heat for it with DD, it was 2.99. Principle is what it is.

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Thanks for the headsup Darkrider on the now free app. at least that I am aware of. lol. I downloaded it and am having an application error trying to log in :hissyfit: with it...

Edit: still getting the error application message! WTF! I haven't programmed or done anything. A few calls and texts and tapatalk was the first app I went to get. Says the app has encountered a problem and that they are sorry for the inconvenience.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
Thanks for the headsup Darkrider on the now free app. at least that I am aware of. lol. I downloaded it and am having an application error trying to log in :hissyfit: with it...

Edit: still getting the error application message! WTF! I haven't programmed or done anything. A few calls and texts and tapatalk was the first app I went to get. Says the app has encountered a problem and that they are sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem man, I remembered that it went free not that long ago for the tapatalk 2/pro version.

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
Sometimes downloading and installing an alternate keyboard for android works for different apps. Not sure if you can with a windows phone. Worth a try!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I don't hate Windows phones per se. People who think all apps should be given away by rich philanthropic developers remind me of my avatar's motto.

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
Aaaaa

I'm a big fan of windows 8/phone 8. this edit is typed on my surface. but yeah, I had the same problem trying to type here with my 920.
the title was typed with the 920, though. like I alluded to above, its probably something to do with the incompatibility of phone8 software and the autosave feature in the forums.

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
So I have the free version of tapatalk, and I can not connect to log in! Wife had same problem with Pinterest and her windows phone. She's on Droid. I may be too by the week's end. I love windows and I am not much of an app user, hence my reservations for Droid/iOS. I may get the iphone 5 just to say I had one. The G pro Cone just got looks sweet but the thing is a mini tablet to me lol. looks very nice though!

04xuv said:
Aaaaa

I'm a big fan of windows 8/phone 8. this edit is typed on my surface. but yeah, I had the same problem trying to type here with my 920.
the title was typed with the 920, though. like I alluded to above, its probably something to do with the incompatibility of phone8 software and the autosave feature in the forums.

I had a feeling it was the same thing. I may reconnect my windows 7 until I bite the bullet again.

the roadie said:
I don't hate Windows phones per se. People who think all apps should be given away by rich philanthropic developers remind me of my avatar's motto.

I agree 100%. I just get frustrated when the "kids" selling phones try to sell the app aspect when it is not something I want/require. Sure glad I didn't pay for tapatalk since it appears it would not allow me to log in anyways lol. I wonder how boring the guy with the most apps on his iPhone is :undecided:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You know it appears to be windows 8 giving you the issues. Which is probably why they are releasing Windows 8.1. Maybe wait until they release that and give it a try.

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
djthumper said:
You know it appears to be windows 8 giving you the issues. Which is probably why they are releasing Windows 8.1. Maybe wait until they release that and give it a try.

Yeah I was hoping something would be available, I really like it. I sent about a dozen error email messages when I couldn't connect, lol. Sad.

dmanns67 said:
Android based phones :yes: :thumbsup:

That's been the general consensus. Most everyone I know with an iPhone is materialistic. More so than I am anyways.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
That's been the general consensus. Most everyone I know with an iPhone is materialistic. More so than I am anyways.

I am a fan of apple products when it comes to their IPods. I have never been impressed by the IPhone, IPad, or MAC computers especially when you compare their products to all of the other tablets, PCs, and phones out there.

Perfect example is the new commericals out there bashing the IPad. IPhones and IPads can only perform one function at a time. All of their memory is internal and no way to upgrade which forces you to fork out more money to buy the 64gb version. Android has as all the same Apps that Apple offers as well.

My android tablet also has a USB port so I can hook up my external hard drive for movies, pics, etc. It also has an expandable memory card slot for the Micro SD card. A 64gb micro SD card only cost me $20 off of Amazon. I have the same memory card in my phone as well.

Android platforms allow for more customization of the home screen with widgets. I enjoy having my Weather Channel, Fox News, and ESPN Sports Center App on my home screen so I can see the latest News/updates without having to access the App.

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
I could run anything on Windows7 I needed to and access it faster than a creeping fart lol. If anyone cares AT&T ftw.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Playsinsnow said:
Yeah I was hoping something would be available, I really like it. I sent about a dozen error email messages when I couldn't connect, lol. Sad.

I have an iPhone but I also support droid products here at home. At work I support Windows and Apple products. Oh and those darn Blackberry phones

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
djthumper said:
I have an iPhone but I also support droid products here at home. At work I support Windows and Apple products. Oh and those darn Blackberry phones

Keeping busy lol

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
dmanns67 said:
T-Mobizle FTW! :thumbsup:

:crackup: hellno! I could not even tell you how many people have had issues lol. If there is a cell phone issue I had to say is high on the board in family feud, it's Tmobile. Great price though lol and one two kalamafreakinzoo?

What would the children at the round table say about a tmobile device lolololololol

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
I've got an iphone 5,
Had the iphone 3g and 3gs and it fell of my bed while some play time and completely stopped working
So i went to blackberry 9700 which was indestructible
And then blackberry 9900 (my favourite phone visually)
But blackberry is dying as a company and is trying to sell BBM to other companies to try to gain a profit for once

Iphones are really easy to use but without the apps it would be no better than a brick phone
I bought an HTC one 4g a month ago from one of my friends and dropped it in the toilet while taking a piss during the first day i was using it. Let me tell you they're not waterproof lol ended up selling it to the repair shop as a parts phone

The new sony experia is waterproof and can take pics/vids underwater

At the end of the day a phone is a phone lol as long as it talks and texts and gets on gmtnation with no problems i think you have a keeper lol

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
What would the children at the round table say about a tmobile device lolololololol

:rotfl:

AT&T is like being a slow turtle because you would not have to get out in the middle of the road as fast.

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
I bought an HTC one 4g a month ago from one of my friends and dropped it in the toilet while taking a piss during the first day i was using it. Let me tell you they're not waterproof lol ended up selling it to the repair shop as a parts phone

:crackup: Was it in your hoody pocket? That is hilarious I still can't stop laughing. Does it surprise me lol? My Samsung focus took more beatings than a ______ whore

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
:crackup: Was it in your hoody pocket? That is hilarious I still can't stop laughing. Does it surprise me lol? My Samsung focus took more beatings than a ______ whore

It was between my shoulder and my ear lol i just got home from picking it up from my friend and went straight to the washroom
biggest waste of $400.... I got $80 back from the the repair shop though
I actually really liked it, one piece aluminum body and had windows 8 and beats by dr.dre speakers... I didnt even get to use it:no:

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
It was between my shoulder and my ear lol i just got home from picking it up from my friend and went straight to the washroom
biggest waste of $400.... I got $80 back from the the repair shop though
I actually really liked it, one piece aluminum body and had windows 8 and beats by dr.dre speakers... I didnt even get to use it:no:

Sucky man. Serves you right for talking to someone when "using the facilities", lol.My wife got mad because I forgot to go back and flush. No flushing on the phone! AND don't call me when your sitting on the can. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
Sucky man. Serves you right for talking to someone when pissing, lol.My wife got mad because I forgot to go back and flush. No flushing on the phone! AND don't call me when your sitting on the can. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Haha the conversation was already over i just really had to go and didnt have time to take it off my shoulder lol
But thats what texting is for :raspberry:

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Haha the conversation was already over i just really had to go and didnt have time to take it off my shoulder lol
But thats what texting is for :raspberry:

:crackup: I am still laughing. You just added a step to the 27 steps to use the bathroom someone mentioned to me a few weeks ago.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Hahaha maybe funny for you but it sucks getting pee water splashed all over the place because you dropped your brand new phone in the toilet lol and then fetching the phone and cleaning the over spray.....

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Hahaha maybe funny for you but it sucks getting pee water splashed all over the place because you dropped your brand new phone in the toilet lol and then fetching the phone and cleaning the over spray.....

:crackup: exactly! I can't stop laughing. I can see you fishing it out then cleaning it off. :raspberry:

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
:dielaugh:

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Hahaha jeez :raspberry: k im hittin the sheets lol gotta go find my license plate tomorrow :no:

Get out and walk up to the wash bay. Check the ground. They don't just come off. Had to be loose a little. Then the cashiers desk. Got to be there. People turn em in. Then report it stolen if no luck...?

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Yea i could claim it as lost but i'd have to get a police report
Thats not the problem, the problem is when i tell my dad he has to call up insurance to change the plate on the records and hearing the i told you not to move your license plate lower on your bumper cause its gunna fall off lol

Btw... Lamebook.com
It'll make the night go by faster

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
a few years ago i started off with an old sanyo flip phone, then moved to a LG Rumor, followed by a Blackberry Curve that work basically hung around my neck like an anchor...ran that as a personal phone/work phone till '11 when i got my first 'Droid phone: a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 3G. That was my personal phone up till may of this year when i upgraded to my current Samsung Galaxy Rugby. Between the two driods...work yet again hung a Blackberry anchor around my neck in the form of a Bold...between the two work Blackberrys i briefly had a Samsung Rugby II as a work phone. Now that im with the new company i use my Galaxy rugby as a personal/work phone. Just recently got the gf an LG Optimus L5 (think thats the name..will check when i buy an armor case for it later today)

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
:crackup:

OOO, I forgot about Torque! My first app on new phone? Fishing the threads now for the discussions...

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
I saw this on Ellen yesterday. And yes I like her show.
[video=youtube;__fMhBNFvB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__fMhBNFvB8[/video]

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
shrek77 said:
I saw this on Ellen yesterday. And yes I like her show.
[video=youtube;__fMhBNFvB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__fMhBNFvB8[/video]

lol Ellen's cool. No 5S for me. Maybe a 5C or 4S. I might be able to get a 5 for free at best buy if I give them an old working smart phone, her htc surround. With this Snowden guy a camera staring at me along with now a fingerprint? I am not that special where I need that kind of security/P.A. intel lol.

add-on: I once tricked these kids I was working with that the light sensor on top of my Focus was an eye sensor. I set a password to "0000" so I could tap it out as the sensor "read my eyeballs". They gave me so much crap for not having a phone they had seen on a commercial and never said a thing about it to me after that, lol

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ellen is awesome. Me and the wife watch her show. Hoping to score 12 days of Christmas tickets to her show.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
:crackup:

OOO, I forgot about Torque! My first app on new phone? Fishing the threads now for the discussions...

Get it! you ll love it!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online