Smaller & other platforms?

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I was just wondering...

If we're to be considered a TRUE GMT (GM Truck) Nation...

Should we not have sections for the smaller trucks like the Colorado, Equinox, etc?

Perhaps too the Silverados and Sierras?

Let's open up to ALL the GM trucks and SUVs, past present and future - it'll keep the forum relevant for years to come IMO.

It would also broaden our population and make us a TRUE GMTNation forum. :twocents:

Discuss. :coffee:

(just realized that this thread would be better off in the "suggestion & comments" section. I apologise. Plz correct if needed.)

jham

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
I was just wondering...

If we're to be considered a TRUE GMT (GM Truck) Nation...

Should we not have sections for the smaller trucks like the Colorado, Equinox, etc?

Perhaps too the Silverados and Sierras?

Let's open up to ALL the GM trucks and SUVs, past present and future - it'll keep the forum relevant for years to come IMO.

It would also broaden our population and make us a TRUE GMTNation forum. :twocents:

Discuss. :coffee:

(just realized that this thread would be better off in the "suggestion & comments" section. I apologise. Plz correct if needed.)

i like this idea my only thought is to keep it with the body on frame and rear wheel drive trucks just my thoughts :undecided:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Funny you bring this up. It is the intent, as was kept in mind when coming up with a site name, that all gm trucks will be included in this forum. Whereas many of us are not owners of these, our knowledge isn't what you would consider comprehensive. The debate I have had is whether or not to create the forums space from the get go and leave It bare until resources can be gathered, or create a general dumping ground for "other" models and expand specific platforms as needed.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
This I like! See my family has a Yukon, If I ever have a question on that truck, I am able to go over to there and ask? (once people with those trucks know about this site etc).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Would seem that expanding to include those before even fully established may be difficult as there is little knowledge base here for them.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Would seem that expanding to include those before even fully established may be difficult as there is little knowledge base here for them.

This is a big factor. Hence, have a general forum for other models. This may help to attract these owners. Once we can build content, sections can be expanded. Yes, this could take some time. It will happen, though.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Content that answers questions is the bait that attracts new members. The net is filled with empty communities with less than critical mass. There were 4-5 other places to discuss trailvoys, with 1-5 new posts a week. I used to try to inform them of trailvoy, but that would end up offending the site owners, and if the posters couldn't figure out trailvoy was the place to be, then they have other handicaps.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I think what we are going to do is give small sections to other platforms that we can get rolling with. The GMT 900's or as I call it, the Tahoe family (Joe calls it the Yukon family) is up and running because we have a few here. I think we will probably want to have a section for the Colorado's. We have worked with them in the past, and I am hoping some of them will stop in. All other platforms are welcome of course. We will try to create a section for them as they show up, or if any of our current members have one of the other platforms in the driveway, let us know!!

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I'd like to see a Colorado/Canyon type section... I have a few friends that have these and we're considering getting one to for the wife... :thumbsup:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Just wondering...

Currently, the full size SUV forum is called "GMT920/930 Platform - Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Suburban, Yukon XL, & Escalade ESV". But my Tahoe is a GMT820. Are we going to create another forum for the 800's and 400's, or will they be put in the 900's forum? :undecided:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Just wondering...

Currently, the full size SUV forum is called "GMT920/930 Platform - Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Suburban, Yukon XL, & Escalade ESV". But my Tahoe is a GMT820. Are we going to create another forum for the 800's and 400's, or will they be put in the 900's forum? :undecided:

are the 900's only the newer ones or something?

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
are the 900's only the newer ones or something?

I think we will add all of the full size platform to one area for now. We can split it off if we need to later.:cool:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
I think we will add all of the full size platform to one area for now. We can split it off if we need to later.:cool:

Oh man once the others come in imagine all the notifications and unread threads...gonna be fun :crazy: lol

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Oh man once the others come in imagine all the notifications and unread threads...gonna be fun :crazy: lol

I don't expect massive influx for the full size trucks. Sooo many full size sites out there to choose from. It will take a while to make a name for ourselves. Much like TV in the beginning, I am hoping that it will eventually snowball. This is why its good to get everyone involved from the start. Even if its only a few people chatting about the Colorado or or S10 or NBS tahoe, it all has to start somewhere.:cool:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
I don't expect massive influx for the full size trucks. Sooo many full size sites out there to choose from. It will take a while to make a name for ourselves. Much like TV in the beginning, I am hoping that it will eventually snowball. This is why its good to get everyone involved from the start. Even if its only a few people chatting about the Colorado or or S10 or NBS tahoe, it all has to start somewhere.:cool:

Very true!! I am sure it will snowball quick though! There are so many GMT's out there to where I am sure many will run across this and so on. I personally try my best to put the word out when needed!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Very true!! I am sure it will snowball quick though! There are so many GMT's out there to where I am sure many will run across this and so on. I personally try my best to put the word out when needed!

Every little bit helps. That and Jimmy knowing how to promote a site so that it gets into the search engines really really fast. :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I am active on about a dozen truck n 4x4now forums that will get to see the site in my sig.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I think a big part of it will be getting owners of the other models involved from the start. Problem is, how do we get members from other forums to help create the foundation over here if they know the result is just going to be people detecting from their home site? Sure, we can join the sites and do the research, but it would be much nicer to have knowledgeable owners as members and contributors.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I am active on about a dozen truck n 4x4now forums that will get to see the site in my sig.

I am only on a few. Always thought it was funny how many times I would get a PM with someone asking if I was from TV.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
There's always the cards. Just like when we'd put TV cards on GMT360 vehicles...we can put GMTNation cards on all GMT models.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
There's always the cards. Just like when we'd put TV cards on GMT360 vehicles...we can put GMTNation cards on all GMT models.

Very true!! We are going to need a lot of cards loll there are a ton of GMT cars out there :yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jham said:
or rent some billboards

That actually might work out better! But I am sure money is a issue when it comes down to that!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online