Slide - Bump 1-2 shift questions

Welderman8501

Original poster
Jun 15, 2019
Michigan
Hello all I just got my new to me 03 envoy running and it has the slide bump 1-2 shift. I have read about people having good luck with the trans go kitso I was think of giving it a shot. How hard is it to install a shift kit? Also will it hurt it to continue to drive it. I'm not sure how long it was driven like this before I got it. Thank you

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did you ask this on the facebook earlier?

Welcome by the way.

Its not too difficult. Bit tedious.

How is your fluid? Burnt, clean?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I did it, recorded a whole video on it. It sucks and takes longer than you'd think if you're tedious like me but its doable if you follow directions and keep everything clean.

If the fluid is burnt... I wouldn't waste the time honestly because its just a bandaid at that point.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Welderman8501

Original poster
Jun 15, 2019
Michigan
I found the code buster kit and placed an order. But I'm kinda uneasy about the install.i have swapped trannys but never tore into one. I also don't have a hoist

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I found the code buster kit and placed an order. But I'm kinda uneasy about the install.i have swapped trannys but never tore into one. I also don't have a hoist
What would you need a hoist for? I did mine on jackstands. Watch this if you have the time. I suck at talking but atleast you'll see everything involved. It's long but the first 15 minutes or so are fluff fighting with the pan. It's not as bad as you would think, just take your time. The trans go video is very good too but this kit is exactly the same as the one moose used. :tiphat:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn't think so. It's just the shift "quality" that's suffering.

BTW, it helps to speed up the video to 1.5x :biggrin:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I wouldn't think so. It's just the shift "quality" that's suffering.

BTW, it helps to speed up the video to 1.5x :biggrin:
:iagree: Also, I already bumped it up to 1.2x in post too lol. It sucked... I work much faster when it isn't single digits outside lol.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Try triple digits in humility. :drooling:

Reactions: Blckshdw

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
That don't bother me as much. Ice cold concrete on your back takes a lot out of you. And besides, after working at the asphalt plant in pants and polos it doesn't bother me as much lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.