SUPPORT Signature BB Code Broken

gpking

Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I updated my signature today attempting to add a second Fuelly badge, but I found once I click "Toggle BB Code", my code is completely stripped from the text box, leaving just the remaining text.

If I just click "Save" after entering my code (IMG block nested inside a URL block), it treats it as if I simply entered a URL block containing the link within the IMG block.

I tried the IMG examples from BBCode.org and none seem to work either.

I tried to just revert back to what I had before, just one Fuelly badge and some text, but it too no longer works.

What I entered:

What is actually displayed in my signature:
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/430908.png http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/966700.png

inb4 "You're not allowed to have Fuelly badges because your MPG is over 12 and it makes other members feel bad".

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, that's what I see in your sig. I'll tag @djthumper to see if he can assist, if not, it will likely be @Jman423

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
@Jman423 Will likely have to fix it, if possible. I was looking through things and don't see anything that looked out of place.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
How long has this been going on? We have not performed any updates or made any changes lately, so it's odd that it would just pop up like this.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I've noticed lately that the go-to problem is ad blocking software breaking scripts. Is there any chance of that here?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I have added a spoiler to my signature without any issue. If you continue to have the problem, I'll check your user permissions.

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If you click the insert image button and then add a URL the code never completes in the signature. I use the same button here it seems to work.
966700.png

Upvote 0

gpking

Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
How long has this been going on?
I would guess I last updated my signature in late Spring. It was fine until I tried to change it on Saturday, now I can't get the image(s) to work even with the verbatim signature I had before. The URL block works fine, however, I am noticing IMG and SPOILER both do not.

I've noticed lately that the go-to problem is ad blocking software breaking scripts. Is there any chance of that here?
Doesn't appear to be.
I just tried it in a freshly reset Internet Explorer 11 with no add-ons and produced slightly different but equally broken results in two tests:

TEST 1
  1. Starting from https://gmtnation.com/forums/account/signature in Internet Explorer 11, I cleared the text box completely and clicked the "Remove Formatting" button to be safe.
  2. I copied plain text from Notepad and pasted it into the text box.
    1.JPG
  3. I clicked "Toggle BB Code" and the text box was updated with two broken image placeholders and some jacked up code. Note, the gear icon did not illuminate.
    (Notice the /img' and /img/URL it added)
    2.JPG
  4. If I clicked "Save" the page became indefinitely stuck, playing the loading animation.

TEST 2
  1. Starting from https://gmtnation.com/forums/account/signature in Internet Explorer 11, I cleared the text box completely and clicked the "Remove Formatting" button to be safe.
  2. I copied plain text from Notepad and pasted it into the text box.
    1_1.JPG
  3. I clicked "Toggle BB Code" and the button illuminated but the text box was not changed.
    1_2.JPG
  4. I clicked "Toggle BB Code" again and the images displayed!
    1_3.JPG
  5. I clicked "Save" and the page became stuck again.
    1_4.JPG

Here is my current signature (also makes the page get stuck indefinitely when I click "Save" but it does actually save it):
0.JPG

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 0.JPG
    0.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Reactions: gpking
Upvote 0

gpking

Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
@gpking to confirm, this is the formatting you originally tried to use? Just remove the trailing "*" in the and tags.
I tested it in my own signature, and it seemed to work. :twocents:
Correct, that's exactly how I had it before I tried adding the second image.

I copied that verbatim and tried it in my usual Chromium-based browser and now am getting the following error message. I never got this far before, so it does appear to now possibly be an account issue.
3.JPG

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You're missing the closing IMG and URL tags on your TB link, from that screen shot.

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Oops, added them. It lets me save, but I'm back to the original issue as you can see from my signature.

Something changed, cuz I wasn't able to do it by pasting the code in like before. Had to drop the image tags in to post the pics, then go back, highlight the pics, and click the button to add the URL links to them. And now they seem to work. Maybe that method will play nice for you?

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online