Side Mirror upgrade?

RyanEAS

Original poster
Jun 21, 2014
Hey guys!
I'm looking at doing an upgrade to the ol' TB and getting the Driver & Passenger side mirrors with the turn signals. I currently just have the plain jane ones that are power-only. After looking at some other threads, it appears that if I buy the whole mirror assembly with the turn signal, that it would be a "plug n' play" type connection. Is this correct?

2nd question: If I really choose to splurge and opt for the heated mirrors, is that plug n play as well? If so, how do you control turning on the heat to them? Or would there be separate wiring involved and installing some sort of switch for that?

Thanks in advance y'all!!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Both kinds are plug and play. I wanna say the heaters coincide with turning on the rear defroster, but there's no use for that where I live, so I'm not 100% sure on that.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yes, rear defrost button kicks on the heated mirrors.

In my case, the button may as well have been for mirrors only since my rear defrost grid was shot :crackup:

Reactions: RTTBLT1

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
Are you guys sure that the turn signal wiring is in place on all GMT360's? I recall reading a member's thread about having to use an unused wire in the door harness and then running that wire to the appropriate place in the cabin for the turn signals.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Are you guys sure that the turn signal wiring is in place on all GMT360's? I recall reading a member's thread about having to use an unused wire in the door harness and then running that wire to the appropriate place in the cabin for the turn signals.

The wiring is all in place. They are truly plug and play. I went from Plain jane to heated turn signal mirrors. You can check out my build thread for a more detailed guide :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

You have to do this if you're just adding turn signal lenses to the plain Jane mirrors, and wiring up your own lights. If you're doing a complete mirror swap, then they are plug n' play.

I've done both mods. :twocents:

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
Carlton, just to be clear, are you saying that the turn signal wire is in the harness up to the connector that the mirror plugs into?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Carlton, just to be clear, are you saying that the turn signal wire is in the harness up to the connector that the mirror plugs into?

Yes, the PDM and DDM already have the turn signal circuitry in them, so any mirror assemblies that come with the lens and light bulb already installed, will have the wiring go the harness that coincides with the right pins in the door module.

Like I said, the only time you'd have to run your own wiring, or do any wire tapping/splicing, is if you have the base level mirrors without turn signals, and you add them yourself.

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
Sorry to revive an old thread, but it came up while searching .. as an early father's day / Birthday present, my kids got me a pair of heated turn signal mirrors to replace my standard plain ones on my 05 TB. They have the harness and connector on them already. So they should be plug and play correct? Anything special to look out for when installing these?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sorry to revive an old thread, but it came up while searching .. as an early father's day / Birthday present, my kids got me a pair of heated turn signal mirrors to replace my standard plain ones on my 05 TB. They have the harness and connector on them already. So they should be plug and play correct? Anything special to look out for when installing these?

Yes they are plug and play

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online