Side mirror issue

kwolfe

Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
I have a weird issue with my side mirror, about a month ago i noticed that the passenger side mirror was in a different position, i thought my fiancee had moved the placement. Come out of my house again to drive somewhere and the mirror is moved again. I am not talking a little bit, the mirror is programmed pretty close on both positions. This thing is all the way up in the air and you can hear it click when it goes, like its trying to go higher.

Anyone have this issue before?
reprogramming does not seems to help, neither does removing the negative on the battery.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
kwolfe said:
I have a weird issue with my side mirror, about a month ago i noticed that the passenger side mirror was in a different position, i thought my fiancee had moved the placement. Come out of my house again to drive somewhere and the mirror is moved again. I am not talking a little bit, the mirror is programmed pretty close on both positions. This thing is all the way up in the air and you can hear it click when it goes, like its trying to go higher.

Anyone have this issue before?
reprogramming does not seems to help, neither does removing the negative on the battery.

Mine has a memory of it's own. after I use my key fob it sets the mirror lower than my setting, same wrong position all the time. If I recall from another thread you would have to replace the whole mirror or something. I leave the little knob on driver mirror and just move it up before I leave. Now you got me thinking :undecided:I think I'm gonna adjust mine to the wrong position and set it in memory, hopefully the default it goes to will end up at the right position? It's worth a try...:thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The problem is the mirror position sensors that report back to the memory module where they are. So the module sends the mirror to the wrong position thinking it's the right position. GM got so sick of warranty repairs on the poorly-designed mirrors that they removed the mirror memory function in later years and only retained the personalized seat and entertainment system preset memories.

Fix is to replace the entire mirror assembly, since the sensors aren't available separately. Aftermarket units are available from KoolVue and other vendors, but the optical quality of the mirror itself is always substandard.

kwolfe

Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Thanks Roadie:smile:

That's what i was hoping wasn't the option, I will live with it until it blows something.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Turn off seat position recall, easy exit seat and tilt mirror in reverse and you won't have the issues with the mirrors moving.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Matt said:
Turn off seat position recall, easy exit seat and tilt mirror in reverse and you won't have the issues with the mirrors moving.

Not for me, Lol :crackup:, then I'd have to deal with "Why doesn't my memory setting work for the seat, I hate adjusting everything, when can you get it fixed?"

A good idea for the OP...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Matt said:
Lift it to hell and gone, leave the dashboard coated in trail dust, make sure the MT tires make a huge amount of noise, and then nobody else will ever want to drive it. Problem solved. :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online