Should I get the brakemotive set for my 07 denali?

07Denali

Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Hi after doing some reading seems like alot of you guys have had good results with the brakemotive kits. I like the idea of the drilled and slotted rotors and no alot of city driving wiht stop and go and highway driving on mountain roads. Also planning on getting a travel trailer soon too. So my need for breaks are there lol. Currently I feel a slight pulse while breaking at higher speed seems like a warped rotor in the rear as the steering wheel does not wobble. Anyways after looking at the front brakes the pads are getting low so im ready to pull the trigger. Is this what ill want? http://www.ebay.com/itm/400726092500?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true
or should i just buy the rotors from them like this kit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Front-2-Rear-Drilled-And-Slotted-Premium-Performance-Brake-Rotors-M050517-/390411249379?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEnvoy&hash=item5ae652e6e3
or should i get pads from my napa as some of you have posted.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got mine all off ebay and am happy.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
I got the first one you posted and everything works great. I know some use those rotors with different pads specific to their preference, but the kit is nice and includes all the hardware you'll need.

Good luck!
Robb

07Denali

Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Ok thanks guys I guess my only question is if this kit will fit my truck http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Front-2-Rear-Drilled-And-Slotted-Premium-Performance-Brake-Rotors-M050517-/390411249379?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEnvoy&hash=item5ae652e6e3#vi-ilComp
as it says its not compatible with my 07 Denali 5.3l but is with a 06 Denali 5.3l.. is this just error on the chart part? further investigation on rock auto the ac delco rotors are the same part number for 2006 and 2007 Denali envoy 5.3l trucks. so im thinking ill be good with that kit. just want to be sure as being in Canada ill have extra shipping costs if i need to return them. thanks guys!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It is the same...

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I did some research on drilled and slotted rotors and test results showed that drilled rotors improved braking but, slotted rotors did little or nothing to improve braking and did accelerate pad wear. I went with drilled only rotors and they where good for a year or so and then got noisy. I just got a new set of AC Delco rotors but haven't installed them yet. Not trying to undermine what others have said...Just my experience, Mike.

smt 59

07Denali said:
Ok thanks guys I guess my only question is if this kit will fit my truck http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Front-2-Rear-Drilled-And-Slotted-Premium-Performance-Brake-Rotors-M050517-/390411249379?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEnvoy&hash=item5ae652e6e3#vi-ilComp
as it says its not compatible with my 07 Denali 5.3l but is with a 06 Denali 5.3l.. is this just error on the chart part? further investigation on rock auto the ac delco rotors are the same part number for 2006 and 2007 Denali envoy 5.3l trucks. so im thinking ill be good with that kit. just want to be sure as being in Canada ill have extra shipping costs if i need to return them. thanks guys!
Call them directly toll free and confirm, they will take your order over the phone and ship, they will most likely give an additional discount for phone order, that was my experience.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
smt 59 said:
Call them directly toll free and confirm, they will take your order over the phone and ship, they will most likely give an additional discount for phone order, that was my experience.
I agree. I tried sending some questions over EBay and both responses said to call their toll free number to get my questions answered.

07Denali

Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
They just showed up this morning :smile: hopefully I'll get to install them this weekend or early next week. Just looking for a 1 person bleeder setup so I can flush my brake fluid. any suggestions? Id order a brake motive pressure bleeder but amazon.ca doesn't have them, any where else a Canadian could source one?

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
07Denali said:
They just showed up this morning :smile: hopefully I'll get to install them this weekend or early next week. Just looking for a 1 person bleeder setup so I can flush my brake fluid. any suggestions? Id order a brake motive pressure bleeder but amazon.ca doesn't have them, any where else a Canadian could source one?
Chris fix (dogfish) on here has an awesome video on flushing brake fluid and bleeding the lines. He goes through the single person and two person method.

Reactions: Aarkon and 07Denali

07Denali

Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Well I did the brakes today got it all changed over in a little over 2 hours switching rotors and pads and flushing the brake fluid. Still had the factory rotors on it with the little clips on the studs at 150,000 km Also painted the calipers and brackets. After the break in of the pads and rotors they stop very well and I'm enjoying the firmer brake pedal too.

07Denali

Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Quick update still loving the brakemotive kit :smile: only down is first 2 stops in the morning usually pulling out of my garage the pads squeak but not every morning usually when its damp out. If anyone is considering them do it! improved braking performance and consistent feeling makes driving in heavy city traffic enjoyable. Rotors still look good not new but good.

Reactions: smt 59 and Mounce

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I think I've had mine for 3 years (that's as far back as I can go with purchase history in ebay and it's not there) and I'm changing the pads this weekend. Going with their pads too.

paulcmartin

May 13, 2013
I just bought mine from brakemotive. Theyre on the way now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online