Shops or anyone to replace lighting in Miami?

diablo2184

Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Some of my HVAC lights are out and I'm looking for a place that can replace them with LEDs or something.....does anyone know where I should take the truck to? A radio shop?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Your best bet for the sake of time and money would be to read through the LED mod thread. Buy an iron, solder, LEDs, resistors, and a meter (which you should have anyways) and go from there.

I can only imagine what a shop would charge you labor wise for a LED conversion. If you are set on having someone else do it, I would search online/call shop. All aftermarket audio shops around here only deal with install. You would definitely save money and headaches by taking this project on yourself.

Carlton (BlckShdw) is down in Florida and he is the master LED Guru here. Maybe you guys could have a mini meet and give you a hand. Definitely research what you need for the conversion.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Take it to your desk, and DIY. It's a lot easier than you think, you just have to put a little effort into it. :yes:

diablo2184

Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Thanks for the replies. I would like to do it myself if I can get some assistance lol

Blck, where are you located?

I can't find a DIY for the conversion. There's a write up I think but the pics were down....know of any others?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
diablo2184 said:
Thanks for the replies. I would like to do it myself if I can get some assistance lol

Blck, where are you located?

I can't find a DIY for the conversion. There's a write up I think but the pics were down....know of any others?
It's a bit of a haul, not quite worth the gas for a mod that will be a pretty quick one to complete. My advice, watch some Youtube videos on how to solder components. That will give you an idea of what you're in store for. Once you think you understand what's going on there, buy some equipment as Dmanns67 suggested.

Practice soldering with some scrap wires or busted electronics so you can get a feel for it, without worrying about damaging stuff. Once you get your technique down, then look into what LEDs you want to use, and from there use an online resistor calculator to tell you what resistors to pair with them. That's enough of a start for now. :cool:

Reactions: dmanns67

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
DIY you will definitely save money and get to know how to do it.

Reactions: Blckshdw

diablo2184

Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
DAlastDON said:
Thanks I will look through that to see a DIY for Auto Climate Control.

Blckshdw said:
It's a bit of a haul, not quite worth the gas for a mod that will be a pretty quick one to complete. My advice, watch some Youtube videos on how to solder components. That will give you an idea of what you're in store for. Once you think you understand what's going on there, buy some equipment as Dmanns67 suggested.

Practice soldering with some scrap wires or busted electronics so you can get a feel for it, without worrying about damaging stuff. Once you get your technique down, then look into what LEDs you want to use, and from there use an online resistor calculator to tell you what resistors to pair with them. That's enough of a start for now. :cool:
Thanks, Blck. I will see what I can do. And I will probably be messaging you for some help....if you don't mind.

diablo2184

Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Lol will do.

I see people have trouble taking apart the knobs on the Auto HVAC. Does anyone know how to without damaging anything?

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Denali n DOO said:
Don't message him, add to the thread then I can learn too. My recirculate light is out.
So is my defrost light. I find it in the dark because it is the only one out. lol

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
diablo2184 said:
Lol will do.

I see people have trouble taking apart the knobs on the Auto HVAC. Does anyone know how to without damaging anything?
I thought most people had trouble with the manual HVAC's sliders, hadn't heard of troubles with the auto system.

Reactions: diablo2184

diablo2184

Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Mounce said:
I thought most people had trouble with the manual HVAC's sliders, hadn't heard of troubles with the auto system.
So they just pull off? I thought I had read a few weeks ago in a thread that the knobs were hard to pull off the Autos...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It's the manual temp sliders that sometimes don't want to pull off, causing the sliders to break, and pull off the circuit boards. As far as I know, the knobs on the auto versions pull off easily.

Reactions: Mounce

diablo2184

Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Ok thanks. I will look for the How-To to remove the HVAC unit. Reply back when I get there!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online