Shocks

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
What do you guys think of Monroe shocks I am thinking of using there front shock assembly.

smokey262

Sep 15, 2013
Some of the more hard core guys don't like them because they don't work well for off-roading. I installed them (the shock/strut assemblies) and am perfectly happy with them.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

felicie

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I do not off road so that not a worry.

Reactions: Denali n DOO

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
I put Monroe Reflex in the back and they have been excellent. But I don't off road. If I did I would probably use KYB as that seems to be the most suggested one here by the offroaders.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Offroad is Bilstein HDs. KYB is for lowered.

Monroe is solid for stock replacement.

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
I never go off roading but I like the Bilstein shocks for the better feel of the road and handling.

Reactions: 07Denali and Matt

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
felicie said:
What do you guys think of Monroe shocks I am thinking of using there front shock assembly.
They are no better than stock. I put Bilstein HDs in after at least a year of the "too stiff, for the off road crowd" debate I put on myself.
They are NOT stiff one bit. The first week MAYBE. But after a few miles they handle great, especially through the nasty pot holes and buckling winter concrete on the interstate. No more bounce and feels confident at "higher" speeds. Wife says it drives "better".

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
linneje said:
I put Monroe Reflex in the back and they have been excellent. But I don't off road. If I did I would probably use KYB as that seems to be the most suggested one here by the offroaders.
Yikes. Bildstein is the offroader preference.
Sorry I put KYB in as I have been eyeing a set of KYB strut plus for the front, (which I think are superior to the Monroe all in one), and that was in my head when I was typing.

I had looked at the Bildsteins for the back when I replaced, but I went with the reflex as they were available locally.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
felicie said:
My dad has the sensa-trac's on the front of the envoy, I have Bilsteins on all four corners of mine. The envoy rides nice, but I wanted mine to ride like a truck since well... it is one. The monroes will be fine.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
I have Monroe sense tracs on mine, front and back. I don't tow much at all and do not off road anymore. They feel fine, near stock level of stiffness. I was wanting to get the bilsteins but here in Canada everything is expensive and shipping kills. I got the monroes on sale at a decent price and am quite happy.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
had monroe front and back with the rear coilover shocks. i swapped the rears to skyjackers just for length. i was happy with the ride on the monroes

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online