NEED HELP Shock and struts for 2.5 lift?

LTZSMITTY

Original poster
Feb 19, 2017
Have an 02 LTZ TB for which I'm ready to order McMarks 2.5" lift/level kit with the 1.5" spacers. Also going to throw in a G80 while at it. I've read tons of posts and done my homework but just need to know one last thing. What to do about shocks and struts? Soo much here about springs with no spacers, this, that, and the kitchen sink! I am really just doing this for a better look and improved off road capability but it will mostly see pavement...maybe. So on that note, do I change struts and shocks or stick with whats on there now? Have Monroe Sensa-track on front and rear about 4 years old back when I changed the entire front end to Moog, new CVs and UCAs. Yes, I am a noob here so go ahead and let the shenanigans begin.

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
"Kit is designed to be used with OEM struts and shocks"

No requirement to change other components as a consequence of this lift. If your suspension is showing signs of wear or you wish to upgrade for abuse that's a different story... but you can bolt on that kit and drive pavement all you wish :2thumbsup:

If the budget allows, there's always the "while you're in there" to consider

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Best struts will be the Bilstein HD.

For the rear with any lift i would use longer shocks. i tried several brands of the white body shocks that are all the same and then stepped up to the Bilsein 5125 and its great.

Reactions: Matty2thep

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher