Share your Driving Experiences

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I don't think there is a thread like this but here goes:

Post any and all of your driving experiences in a GMT. If you got cut off by someone, or simply gunned your truck leaving people stunned

Post it here :2thumbsup:

Also don't be afriad to post about the jerk who was taught a lesson by you :biggrin:

Reactions: Mooseman

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I like to give the jack wagons, that follow too closely or speed up when i signal a lane change, some free windshield washer fluid from my headlamp washers. Get the distance just right and i can get the semi's on the interstate too. Very gratifying when their wipers are on for more than just a few cycles as they clean all the crap off so they can see that they are following too closely.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I don't play music loud at red lights out of respect for others but when jackwagons do dumb shit (cutting off/slowing down, not allowing to pass, etc) they get hooked up. Inching forward doesn't help when this thing can be felt from 40 feet away.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Some teenager ran the red light by the gym the other night. He was inching and just said fuck it and ran the red. Me and my Prelude friend honked his ass. I follow him for a couple lights and he tries giving me the what-for for following him. I tell him what he did and that he could have killed someone.

He didn't care. Just trying to be hard with his girlfriend in the passenger seat.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Over here the two biggest problems on the roads are taxi drivers and idiots who use their phone and drive.

Taxis here act as if the road is theirs and stop quite literally in the middle of the road for a pick up. I go berserk if one stops in front of me. Sometimes I would wish I could just get out and smack the driver silly.

Same thing with idiots on their phones. Some would be video chatting while driving, others watching videos, twitter, WhatsApp you name it. Like if it's So important just stay home

I have countless other experiences that I have gathered in my few years of driving.

Will be posting them one by one :2thumbsup:

Reactions: nathaniel

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just hate it when people go on the shoulder to get to an intersection to turn right on the red. I mean like they run by 4, 5, 6 cars, not just the bit of space between the stopped car and the line. Like, can't wait 15 seconds like everybody else? I've started hugging the shoulder or even right on the line so these jack offs can't get by.

And texting REALLY gets me going. I just stare at them while stopped at a light while they are crotch watching. When they eventually look up and see me staring, I just start acting like Donald Trump which usually freaks them out.

PS: I really like the new AT&T texting and driving commercial. It's realistic and to the point.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Couple times on the interstate I've encountered tailgaters. Open ass road, no one around but me and the other car and they fly up on me in the right lane then sit on my ass instead of passing in the left lane. After a minute or two of waiting for them to pass me and they don't I just reach up and flip cruise control off. They finally go on after I've slowed them down to 50 from the 75 we were doing.

Then you get the ones that hop into the left lane in front of you going 10mph slower while you're trying to pass the slow pokes in the right lane. When I get in front of people like that I speed up so that I'm not slowing them down until I get around the traffic then get back into the right lane and resume my original speed. I mean come on, have some courtesy.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Oh, that just burns me! I have my cruise control set, cruising along and I come up to a slower car so I pass on the left and come back to the right. Then they speed up and pass me and we play this game of leap frog. After the third time, I just speed up and keep going until out of sight.

Or, you pass and they speed up. C'mon!

Or on a single lane highway, the car in front of you can't keep a steady speed with no place to pass.

:smiley_kill:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
hate the idiots that block a lane when coming up to a merge. They think they can straddle the line and block both lanes a half mile before the actual merge. Always fun to take the ole TB through the median and right up to merge as one properly should.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think I know what you mean. On the merge lane, they stop right after the turn despite a half mile of merge lane available in front of them waiting for an opening to merge into. If they would speed in the merge lane, they would be able to merge, which is why it's there.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Tailgaters are a real treat. Sometimes if they won't shake loose after a long period I will carefully watch my mirrors to be sure they're the only vehicle behind me and then briefly lock em up. It's funny when you can see their eyes grow big and their car nosedive. Also, I may be a douche.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
At least you're not like real douches and use the hand brake on 18 wheelers (I've seen that done).

Reactions: Eric04

Kathleen

Aug 11, 2016
Metairie, LA
Live in the Greater New Orleans area. I got a quite a list. People turning right from the far left lane in front of you like you are not there. The fools that ride your bumper and when you move over they move over to continue to ride your bumper. Then the ones that drive way under the speed limit so you pass them and get back in the lane, then they tailgate you. The ones that don't know the meaning of merge, they ride on side of you, if you speed up they speed up, if you slow down they slow down. The people that slow way down before they come to the bridges. Jack rabbiting the lights, they go before they signal changes. The ones that don't know that red means stop. Every time there is a accident everyone got to stop or slow way down to look. Then on interstate the gun play. I hate it when they shoot someone on interstate, the road is blocked for hours.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We don't shoot people here on our highways, we use chainsaws!

Zeus101159

Jul 8, 2015
I drive semi professionally. I say semi as I don't do it full time.
Single lane highway. Snowing, foggy or rainy. Vehicle doing 40-45 but speeds up to posted speed + at the passing lane. Only to slow down again once through it. Argh!

Texters.
Truck drivers pulling a set of super B trailers (Canada), on cruise, driving with their elbows. Give 'em a very wide berth!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online