Seth Bought Another Goofy Car

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
Yep. I did it again. I bought another car.

A 2014 Chevy Cruze....with the 2.0 Turbo Diesel, as a Daily Driver.
The "FailBlazer" as it has been affectionately named by my co-workers, is being retired to bad weather and towing duty. It is after all, a massive hunk of shit.

So, here it is.
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0003.JPG

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Tbh, more crap has went bad or broken on my sisters 14 cruze in the last 2 years we've had it than I ever had to fix on the tb for the last 90k miles. Starting to think it's a gm thing....:crackup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The "FailBlazer" as it has been affectionately named by my co-workers, is being retired to bad weather and towing duty. It is after all, a massive hunk of shit.

Well, you didn't post much about it, if at all. Depends on the truck's history and so on. The risk of buying used. Who knows, the Cruze might not be any better. The previous owner might have driven it like he stole it.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Well, you didn't post much about it, if at all. Depends on the truck's history and so on. The risk of buying used. Who knows, the Cruze might not be any better. The previous owner might have driven it like he stole it.
Or worse, it was a rental car.....

Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats. Make sure to tune it so it rolls coal and you can screw with the big diesel truck guys

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Oh, the door lock on the dashboard takes some getting used to...

shovenose

Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Those are decent little cars, a friend does Uber and Lyft full-time in his Cruze Diesel. He's been doing that for like 1-2 years and hasn't had any issues with it outside of routine maintenance. No idea how many miles he's at - but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
My only real complaint was that it ate 2 ignition switches... within a year. Luckily my buddy at the dealer got them done on the cheap so... other wise it needed brakes it 40k and the electronic power steering I think had to be replaced.

It's a fun little car in all but it's also a little car. My sister has the ecotec and that thing makes the tb look like a race car. (Read it's a sled. The diesel should be alright) It drives well it just doesn't suit me. My seating position to be comfortable puts the door pillar inline with my body so checking my blind spot means I'm checking the pillar... and getting in and out is a roll forward and then out instead of just sliding. For my sister it's great. She can't reach the pedals in the tb with the seat all the way up so it fits her very well. With me driving no one except a small child is sitting behind me.

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.

The TB was a high-miler I picked up for $288 from Copart with a clean title and a pile of records sitting on the seat. It had a rebuilt 4L60E, and it was crap. The sunroof was duct taped shut and that was it. It was cheap 4x4 and a platform I was familiar with. It's just a pile, and not worth my time to do anything aside from tow with. It's not good daily material.

On the Cruze. It's only got 50k miles. It was leased by a salesman at a GM dealer. It was garaged. It's about the cleanest Cruze in general that I have seen.

It has LED Plate Lights, Vent Visors and Huskyliners. NO MORE MODS. Yet.

My only real complaint was that it ate 2 ignition switches... within a year. Luckily my buddy at the dealer got them done on the cheap so... other wise it needed brakes it 40k and the electronic power steering I think had to be replaced.

It's a fun little car in all but it's also a little car. My sister has the ecotec and that thing makes the tb look like a race car. (Read it's a sled. The diesel should be alright) It drives well it just doesn't suit me. My seating position to be comfortable puts the door pillar inline with my body so checking my blind spot means I'm checking the pillar... and getting in and out is a roll forward and then out instead of just sliding. For my sister it's great. She can't reach the pedals in the tb with the seat all the way up so it fits her very well. With me driving no one except a small child is sitting behind me.

For a short chunky dude with big thighs, I fit alright. I also eat the wheel. Fortunately, I bought it as a commuter. It's my daily. It's supposed to take me and occasionally a female companion.
My only complaints so far, is the placement of a few switches, and the tiny console. It's 151hp and 264ft lbs. It moves fine.
It has some quirks that set it aside from the gas Cruze. Like a special wheel pattern, which I can't find in a 16" wheel except for that stupid Chevy Orlando, and the steelies I'd fit with snows are pricey. For the $3,500 I screwed the dealer out of, I bought a GM Extended Warranty (bumper to bumper coverage 5/60 from MY PURCHASE) so it's covered until it has 110k, or the end of my loan term.

Congrats. Make sure to tune it so it rolls coal and you can screw with the big diesel truck guys

It has DPF and DEF, and it's a bitch to delete...not until it's emissions exempt in 12 years.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
[QUOTE="therealsethallen, post: 554772, member: 16190"It has LED Plate Lights, Vent Visors and Huskyliners. NO MORE MODS. Yet.[/QUOTE]

We'll see how long that lasts :laugh:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
How's the fuel economy in It? The couple of times I've taken my sister's on the highway I got about 35 at 75.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Bet you it's not as bad as ecklers...

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
legal here is 35 but 20 is about the most common since it fairly unenforced.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online