"Service Tire Monitor" displaying on my DIC

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok, well after washing the beaSSt today, i started her up to move her back into the garage and on my DIC i noticed it said "service tire monitor" and my icon on the cluster was steady flashing... anyone have an experience with this issue or know what to do about it or whats causing it... never had an issue before, and bam... just started flashing today and wont stop until i turn the truck off..

did a google search and it looks like a lot of SS' have this happen, and some reset the system, some say its some kind of LBM or LGM harness (cant remember so dont quote me on that), and that a sensor went bad, or the attenna is bad.. i mean endless replies, but not really a solid answer...

dingle

May 26, 2012
My saab does it every so often and its the rear passenger side tire sensor must he going bad and loses signal and and after a couple miles it will start working again. I know my tires have air so I just leave it alone and when it becomes a pain I'll do something about it.

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I have an 07 TB LS. The light started flashing on my dash a few months ago. I tried to reset the TPSM system 3 times. I had the dealer try it twice with no luck. After about a week of looking at the light, I tried to reset them again and it worked. The dealer said that sometimes the sensors get flakey and send out a bad signal.Try to reset them a few times before you throw any money at replacing them.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thx for the replies...

I forgot to add that my key fobs didn't work either while this was going on.. did that happen to you guys as well.. I read on tbssowners that when the service tire monitor happens it disables the key fob operation as well.. are these things directly related somehow..

And also since I posted the thread my truck has returned to normal :rotfl:.. freakin GM!!.. so I'll wait and see if it pops up again.. jus drove her 20 miles, and no message.. and now my key fob works again...I still have my warranty, wonder if these issues are covered under it..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online