Service Stabilitrac Light Again!!!!!

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well once again this morning, I had both the lights come on, service stablitrac and the stabilitrac light come on. I had the steering wheel position sensor replaced once already about 3 years ago under warranty, Just wondering if they have a high failure rate? Or was it just cause it was 13* this morning. Of course now the light is off once you restart the truck and the last time it took a half dozen tips to the dealer.:mad:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry I don't have an answer but a question mine had been doing the same thing like every 3 days but then I will slide out in the rain the slightest bit and stabilitrak is still doing its job beautifully. It has been getting cold here too . Is that is a known cause if the light?

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Sorry I don't have an answer but a question mine had been doing the same thing like every 3 days but then I will slide out in the rain the slightest bit and stabilitrak is still doing its job beautifully. It has been getting cold here too . Is that is a known cause if the light?

Not sure but sure enough took it in to the dealer to look at as the guys at Firestone told me that if the sensor is bad and has to be replaced that the pcm has to be calibrated to the new sensor????? So whatever took it over so of course the light is off and didn't come on in the ride over and I couldn't let my truck idle for 1-1/2 until the opened.:mad: So they said to watch it and if it comes on take it right over with the lights on. What a pain in the .....

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
07Blazerman said:
Not sure but sure enough took it in to the dealer to look at as the guys at Firestone told me that if the sensor is bad and has to be replaced that the pcm has to be calibrated to the new sensor????? So whatever took it over so of course the light is off and didn't come on in the ride over and I couldn't let my truck idle for 1-1/2 until the opened.:mad: So they said to watch it and if it comes on take it right over with the lights on. What a pain in the .....

I have an '08 TB and my stabiltrac light comes on one in a while. I do not notice any driveability issues at all. I've just learned to live with it. I'm interested to see if your sensor is bad again. Would it still be covered under the warranty?

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Unfortunately not replacement parts are 12 month 12,000 miles and I had it changed on 12/14/06 so almost 4 years to the day. However I do have an extended warranty that should cover it with $100 deductable.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
had the steering wheel sensor replaced already on my 09. took it to them w/out light on.
they could not find anything (codes). so i printed off some reply to threads from the OS(trailvoy)
they finally replaced it. no trouble since. suggest taking it in when light is on. dont turn off the vehicle
and let them check for codes. IMO it would be worth the deductable, or live with the light on once in awhile:twocents:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mine will do the same thing when it gets really cold and like yours you restart and it is gone. It almost acts if there is condensation in the sensor, I thought because it is during the warming up period when it happens.

infamouz

Dec 3, 2011
So what if its just the stability track light on? Every time my truck is on the stabilitrak light is on.

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
My 08 Ascender had that light come on once when it was really damp and wet out but haven't seen it since, sort of like the crappy TPMS setup they use which comes on when you get some outside high frequency interference.

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
No light this morning but it was about 15* warmer, I am wondering since you mentioned rain I did a car wash the day before to get the salt out and it did get pretty cold over night.:lightbulb:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.