seriously again man

nbenjamin

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
seems every 5-10 000 km i have a problem with this truck

dealer had to fix tire leak after they installed it , they said that noticed tie rod loose which is fine I can deal with that but said also front diff pinion seal leak come on man 160 000 km and every thing is just falling apart since 120000 km .

is there a change with pics .... I search cant seem to find yet on this site i think the other site had one but couldn't find it either

thx

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
The outer or inner tie rod?? Shit happens man. Just sucks cuz after the tie rods r changed then its time for an alignment...might as well change the other side too. Oh and check the ball joints.

nbenjamin

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
silvernclean said:
The outer or inner tie rod?? Shit happens man. Just sucks cuz after the tie rods r changed then its time for an alignment...might as well change the other side too. Oh and check the ball joints.

Yea gonna change both outer. What's a good brand that will last ?
It's more the diff pinion seal that's pissing me off.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I used moog. Kinda expensive but they are greasable. For balljoints I used the cheaper brand (duralast). They also are greasable. Good luck.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
How bad is the pinion leak? If it just weeps a little I wouldn't get too concerned, just check the level every so often.

Also, because I'm forever cynical and suspicious, have you checked the pinion seal or the tie rod ends yourself? The dealer might be just trying to drum up extra business.

nbenjamin

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Sparky said:
How bad is the pinion leak? If it just weeps a little I wouldn't get too concerned, just check the level every so often.

Also, because I'm forever cynical and suspicious, have you checked the pinion seal or the tie rod ends yourself? The dealer might be just trying to drum up extra business.

Yea gonna crawl under it next week. It's chilly in Toronto this week.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.