NEED HELP Separating Transmission From Engine 2003 TB EXT 4.2L I6 4x4

Reed

Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
I am in the process of pulling the engine, and I have been unable to loosen any of the 3 torque converter bolts, to disconnect the transmission from the engine flex plate. I started under the vehicle at the access hole in the housing, with no luck. Now I have removed the starter, for easier access, but I still have not been able to get the bolts loose. My air compressor is maxed out, and still no luck. I also tried pinning a ratchet against the engine block while turning the crankshaft pulley to loosen them, but could not keep the socket/ratchet in place. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Would it be easier to just pull the engine with the transmission still attached?? Is that even possible on a TB?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
At this point I think you are much better off getting the transmission out with the engine and then messing with it.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online