Sentinels vs Guard dogs

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
I have been debating between the Sentinels and Guardogs. I was thinking the Sentinels because they seem more MPG freindly, Unlike the Guardogs pattern. Less agressive but still offering good offroad traction. I will mostly be using these in the snow for towing. Also will be used on the highway mostly so a tire blowing out from a re-tread is not an option, Dont want to risk that. So Treadwrights or New tires?Thoughts on What is my best bet? Thank you,
Trent

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
I had the same concern with the treadwrights so I decided to save my money for some new Kelly TSR's!

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Go with the Treadwrights. If I didnt get such a good deal on my Hankooks thats what I would have done. Get the Warden's. Its VERY similar to the BFG A/T

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Me007gold said:
Go with the Treadwrights. If I didnt get such a good deal on my Hankooks thats what I would have done. Get the Warden's. Its VERY similar to the BFG A/T

Are those loud? I know these tires wont be to good in the MPG area but you think there is a big difference between them and the setinels?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's something I'm curious about too. I like the look of the Warden but not sure how the mpg compares to the Sentinels. Also what matters more to me is wet/snow traction and hydroplane resistance (since low wet traction/hydroplaning is how I lost my previous car).

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Sparky said:
That's something I'm curious about too. I like the look of the Warden but not sure how the mpg compares to the Sentinels. Also what matters more to me is wet/snow traction and hydroplane resistance (since low wet traction/hydroplaning is how I lost my previous car).

Yes, I hydroplaned going 65 on an off for about 2 hrs on the way up north it was horrible.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At least you didn't end up in a wall.

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Sparky said:
At least you didn't end up in a wall.

YES, I am sorry that you lost your last car to that. Its very dangerous and a bit scary too, Feels like you have no control.:eek:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online