security light on dim

mark'stb

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Noticed last night the security light is on dim. It goes bright when I lock the doors with the fob and goes back to dim after the headlights shut off. I haven't experienced any other problems. Checking with my tech2,there are no current codes in any of the modules. Is it possibly a bad bcm?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Have a look at this Thread:

If the Security Light remains dimly lit after you have shut off the vehicle... You might suspect a Bad Ignition Switch or a Failing 12 VDC Battery. Check your Fuses (Under the Hood AND Under the Left Rear Passenger Seat at the BCM Box) and Test the Battery Voltage with a DMM prior to starting the vehicle. If it persists, take the SUV to any Autozone Store and have them perform a Free " Battery Stress Test" looking for a Dead Cell or Weak, Aging Battery. If you have to replace the Ignition Switch... stick with the ACDelco Brand.

Reactions: Mooseman

mark'stb

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Thanks for the reply. The battery is good, new late last year. It also passed with my Midtronics battery tester. I cycled all the dash lights on and off with my tech2 and now the light is not on, atleast for the 1 hour drive home from work. I'll check again in the morning.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online