Second skin question

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
I am getting ready to install some second skin sound deadner on the front and back doors and the rear.

I am curious. Have you all done a complete cover or just where there is a bit of rattling

Any other products that work just as good as second skin?

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
I used the total coverage method in my 2002 and it made a huge difference over stock but was very pricey for obvious reasons. I'm installing some in my 2007 and I'm just using what I need to stop the rattles as I felt the total coverage method was overkill. I'll have a more accurate understanding of how, if at all, it sounds different in a few weeks.
If you have enough to cover everything, do it, if not then just get the main offenders.
I used 3 different versions of Dynamat and some Hushmat for the first install and now I'm using FatMat, so bear that in mind as they aren't Second Skin Damplifier.

chatterx

Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Ive used fat mat. Its ok as long as you dont plan on installing it on a vertical or overhead surface. The stuff has terrible adhesion properties in the heat. Melts right off lol.

I havent bought the deadener yet. Still trying to figure how much I need and whats best for the roof area

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online