Seat Cover Help for Saab 97X

boostmg

Original poster
Oct 5, 2022
northeast PA
Hey guys ... i am looking at covercraft seat covers however on their website when you search by saab 97x they don't have them, thats b/c their data quality is lacking. They have seat covers for trailblazers, envoys, buick rainiers, etc.

So my question is - which alternate YMM should i use to get the right seat covers for my Saab 97x? I have a 2005 Saab 97x Arc.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
What color is the interior? I have a spare black drivers seat that I dont need.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The seats are the same, but the leather is quite different from the TB/Envoy to a 9-7x. You might get better options from a Rainier.. But I think the color would be different.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Seat covers for TrailBlazers and Envoys should interchange. The seats are basically the same. Could also look up Buick Rainier, Isuzu Ascender and 02 Oldsmobile Bravada in case there are any colour or styling differences but you'll notice that the model numbers are probably the same across all of them.

boostmg

Original poster
Oct 5, 2022
northeast PA
To be clear I’m only looking to order seat covers. Material that goes over the existing seats. I am not looking to buy new seats.

So in my case the seat dimensions and shape are what I’m looking for. It seems like many of the GMT have similar seat shape.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They do, cant look for a Bravada, and it would need to be from a 2006 (might be 2005) or later.

Somewhere right there they changed how the AirBag is n the seat.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Do your seats look like these?

1669779657374.png

If so, covers for a GMC Envoy should be pretty much duplicates. The Denali model especially should match well, with the 3-panel bottom / back inserts (side bolsters are the same, as well)

For the Envoy, there are two options -- with / without side airbags. The seatbelts mount in the same place, on the outer edge of the seat.

The SLT Envoy also had a leather seat option, but the inserts are a little different, and the shape is slightly different, too (there's more cushioning in the lumbar area).

That said, the seat dimensions should be largely the same, and a set of covers shouldn't give you any issues. Just make sure the ones you order reference the seatbelt location (in seat).

For reference, here are the 2005 Envoy Denali seats:
1669780321402.png
And the SLT seats:
1669780366347.png
Again, the panel inserts are a little different, but the general dimensions are likely not far off between them. Note that the headrests are shorter in height, however.

IMO, the 'variants' (which is Saab and Isuzu, IIRC) were modeled after the GMC interior, rather than the Chevrolet's. The quick way to tell is by the center stack; you can see that the floor console and door cards / hardware largely follow their layout, as well.

(Note -- I didn't bother looking up the Buick / Olds interiors, so if anyone chimes back with "but... " -- you may be right, but it's immaterial) :dielaugh:

Reactions: boostmg

boostmg

Original poster
Oct 5, 2022
northeast PA
Awesome post and the tan seats you posted are exactly what mine look like. And the Denali looks identical

And these are what my rears look like. For the Denali do you think i have to choose a certain year?

And also should i be concerned about the airbags?

3B2D39F7-88EE-4842-B903-25FD5A080848.png

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
And these are what my rears look like. For the Denali do you think i have to choose a certain year?
Likely 'not', given the limited changes GM made to this platform. The Denali trim came out in 2005, IIRC (and 2005 is an important breakpoint in general, for the platform -- although there were no body / exterior styling changes, there were changes to the driveline, minor interior appearance changes, etc.)

But -- to be sure... do what I did. Search Google for the interiors on both models.

And also should i be concerned about the airbags?
Well, if you're asking about this from a cost standpoint, AFAIK, seat cover manufacturers don't charge extra for including the airbag deployment capability, so if that's the concern, I wouldn't worry.

Now if you're asking if having the airbags themselves are worth it... personally, I wouldn't intentionally defeat that type of a built-in safety feature. So if I had the side airbags in mine, I'd elect to keep that capability, TBH.

If you're not sure if you do / don't have them, the covers aren't going to look very different either way, so I'd elect to order them 'with', personally.

Finally, if you've got your heart set on Covercraft, I've ordered them via AutoAnything, who just sent a "20% off" email to my inbox this morning. So you may find them cheaper if you *don't* order directly from the mfgr. I do have direct experience with them, via a set I ordered for an 8th-gen Civic years ago, via Costco. I ordered the waterproof neoprene, and they were very snug, but not terrible to install. Quality was very good, IMO.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would not be worried about the airbags. For your year, they are attached to the seat frame, and the seat cover goes over them. On the prior generation, they are mounted thru the seat cover to the frame.

So I would do as suggested above, find a replacement for a Denali, and call it a day.

boostmg

Original poster
Oct 5, 2022
northeast PA
Likely 'not', given the limited changes GM made to this platform. The Denali trim came out in 2005, IIRC (and 2005 is an important breakpoint in general, for the platform -- although there were no body / exterior styling changes, there were changes to the driveline, minor interior appearance changes, etc.)

But -- to be sure... do what I did. Search Google for the interiors on both models.

Well, if you're asking about this from a cost standpoint, AFAIK, seat cover manufacturers don't charge extra for including the airbag deployment capability, so if that's the concern, I wouldn't worry.

Now if you're asking if having the airbags themselves are worth it... personally, I wouldn't intentionally defeat that type of a built-in safety feature. So if I had the side airbags in mine, I'd elect to keep that capability, TBH.

If you're not sure if you do / don't have them, the covers aren't going to look very different either way, so I'd elect to order them 'with', personally.

Finally, if you've got your heart set on Covercraft, I've ordered them via AutoAnything, who just sent a "20% off" email to my inbox this morning. So you may find them cheaper if you *don't* order directly from the mfgr. I do have direct experience with them, via a set I ordered for an 8th-gen Civic years ago, via Costco. I ordered the waterproof neoprene, and they were very snug, but not terrible to install. Quality was very good, IMO.
You’re the man! Great information thank you.

I can get them wholesale through my workplace. I will either get the Seatsaver, the waterproof one, or carhartt. The only bummer is they don’t have the cover for the center console.

For airbags i was just wondering how my airbags work on the seats. And i would def want to be able to use the airbags.

I’ll do some investigating myself in part number differences between 2005 and 2006 denalis and also confirm with some pics.

I was looking at interiors pics on line and wanted to do this for good measure. Even some of the trailblazer cloth seats look the same.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online