NEED HELP Seat Belt Latch

Reed

Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
2003 Trailblazer EXT with power seats has an intermittent working seat belt light and usually no chime. Some times the light stays on when buckled, and sometimes it is off when not buckled. It also has a continuous Airbag light. I have removed the driver seat, cleaned the connectors (buckle and SRS) under the seat, and verified they were connected well when reinstalling the seat.
Could these issues be due to a dirty switch in the seat belt latch? Is there a way to separate the plastic latch housing in order to clean the switch?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Easy way to find out is leave that switch unplugged. With the switch unplugged it will think the seatbelt is always clicked in place.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If it is proven defective as per @Sparky 's suggestion, I'd just leave it disconnected if you are religious about wearing your seatbelt or just get another one from a junker. Haven't heard of any of these failing before so chances of winding up with another bad latch is low. Honda is another story...

Reactions: Redbeard

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
Most common airbag light in a trailblazer is the steering wheel coil. Mine would go in and out depending on if I was turning in a parking lot or not.

as far as the seat belt light, I have no clue. My 2003 does not have a telltale if seatbelt is buckled or not. alas, the GM fix for everything is Dielectric grease.... put it in all of your connectors, It fixed my wife 2010 Equinox PPS airbag light code.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online