Seat belt compatibility. Switcing to black belts

bagdvoy

Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
Are the seat belts compatible throughout the model years? I need some black seat belts and I need to know if I can just get any black belts? My truck is a 04 with cloth seats, power driver(no memory or heat) and no side airbags.

vball61

Mar 16, 2012
bagdvoy said:
Are the seat belts compatible throughout the model years? I need some black seat belts and I need to know if I can just get any black belts? My truck is a 04 with cloth seats, power driver(no memory or heat) and no side airbags.

The parts catalog lists two seatbelt colors for 2004 Envoys: Cashmere and Pewter. The same part numbers are listed for 2002-2004 model years, and both seat trim levels (AR9 and A50). Beginning in 2005, the Pewter belt color was replaced with Ebony and Grey colors, and a belt pre-tensioner mechanism was added. I don't believe the pre-tensioner will work in a 2002-2004 Envoy, and I have no idea if the Ebony (black) belts from 2005+ will fit in a 2004 application.

bagdvoy

Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
Update to my question since it's been bumped back up. The belts bolt in with no issues other than you need the new buckles to go with them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online