Searched Google

wink

Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
I did a Google search today for "trailblazer forum" and "envoy forum", neither came back with GMTNation. I'm not sure if that's a google thing or a site thing. Thought it might be helpful to get new owners to the site.:undecided:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Yeah I ran across the same thing also! Was not so sure how others can find us if it does not show up. I am sure the Jimmy is working on it like everything else! This site will grow really quick but time and patience is key :cool:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
It takes a little time to start showing up. I am sure Jimmy has the keywords going. Normal search engine optimization kind of goes out the window with forums.

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
The algorithm that Google uses to serve up web pages is complex and takes into account many different elements. The biggest is PageRank that offers up a numerical value of weight to a hyperlink / web address. Wikipedia has a great discussion tutorial on PageRank as it relates to how Google makes perfect use of it's rating system. There is an entire industry built on SEO management and successful web marketing campaigns. For those interested in promoting this new GMT360 domain, hyperlinks need to be planted within sites that are already significantly weighted by Google. The googlebots will seek out these links and determine a level of "importance", again based on the popularity of the relationships. The diagram below (courtesy of Wikipedia) illustrates my point. Take for example entity E verses entity C. E may have more relationships established but the weight of each contributor "1.6" is small. Entity C, on the other hand, has an exclusive relationship with contributor "B" with a weight of 38.4. Google ranks this as supreme and will serve Entity C up first in a keyword search. Also, the type of entity "forum vs. sales vs. informative" has no influence on PageRank.
View attachment 16780

Attachments

• 400px-PageRanks-Example.svg.jpg
    400px-PageRanks-Example.svg.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 5

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
Busterbrown said:
The algorithm that Google uses to serve up web pages is complex and takes into account many different elements. The biggest is PageRank that offers up a numerical value of weight to a hyperlink / web address. Wikipedia has a great discussion tutorial on PageRank as it relates to how Google makes perfect use of it's rating system. There is an entire industry built on SEO management and successful web marketing campaigns. For those interested in promoting this new GMT360 domain, hyperlinks need to be planted within sites that are already significantly weighted by Google. The googlebots will seek out these links and determine a level of "importance", again based on the popularity of the relationships. The diagram below (courtesy of Wikipedia) illustrates my point. Take for example entity E verses entity C. E may have more relationships established but the weight of each contributor "1.6" is small. Entity C, on the other hand, has an exclusive relationship with contributor "B" with a weight of 38.4. Google ranks this as supreme and will serve Entity C up first in a keyword search. Also, the type of entity "forum vs. sales vs. informative" has no influence on PageRank.
View attachment 711

smart guy ^

true story too. its a process.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wow. It is more complicated than I thought.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
The "process" is making my head hurt. As Jman explained it to me, the more links to this site from other highly ranked sites, the faster google will increase our rankings. The OS was highly ranked, so all the links that show there help us. Same as the links on the off-road site. So if you want to help, everywhere you are posting, slip in a link to GMTNation.com!

walterc4553

Dec 5, 2011
BB is exactally right.

I would recommend creating a Wikipedia entry and linking off that. Or editing the Wiki entry for Trailblazers, Envoys and others. Wiki carries a bit of weight in google searches.

I would do it but no longer have my Wiki account and with all the people on this site there must be someone with an account that has experience enough to edit the TB and Voy posts along with create a new one.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
walterc4553 said:
BB is exactally right.

I would recommend creating a Wikipedia entry and linking off that. Or editing the Wiki entry for Trailblazers, Envoys and others. Wiki carries a bit of weight in google searches.

I would do it but no longer have my Wiki account and with all the people on this site there must be someone with an account that has experience enough to edit the TB and Voy posts along with create a new one.

I tried to do that in the past and it went horribly wrong. I was attempting to add a link at the bottom for TrailVoy, way back when, and I ended up getting into a huge fight with the d-bag that was moderating that area. Tons of other car sites had all sorts of links to communities and forums, and this guy wouldn't let me keep that link in there. It got escalated way up to the site administration and another shouting match ensued. Long story short, they wouldn't allow it.

You can try, but I don't think it will last long.

For the record, I wasn't spamming the link, just adding it at the bottom.

As for Google Search ranking, it will take time. From the moment this site went online, it has had the appropriate measures taken to get us in the search rankings on Google and Bing.

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
Jman423 said:
I tried to do that in the past and it went horribly wrong. I was attempting to add a link at the bottom for TrailVoy, way back when, and I ended up getting into a huge fight with the d-bag that was moderating that area. Tons of other car sites had all sorts of links to communities and forums, and this guy wouldn't let me keep that link in there. It got escalated way up to the site administration and another shouting match ensued. Long story short, they wouldn't allow it.

You can try, but I don't think it will last long.

For the record, I wasn't spamming the link, just adding it at the bottom.

As for Google Search ranking, it will take time. From the moment this site went online, it has had the appropriate measures taken to get us in the search rankings on Google and Bing.

possible loophole to wiki might be adding to the document. either an Enthusiast Section, or Common Problems and Solutions Resources. if we do an enthusiast section for GMT we could easily apply almost the same article on all the platforms pages. :undecided:

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
TB2k4 said:
possible loophole to wiki might be adding to the document. either an Enthusiast Section, or Common Problems and Solutions Resources. if we do an enthusiast section for GMT we could easily apply almost the same article on all the platforms pages. :undecided:

I know this strategy has worked in the past for other site promoters.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher