Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay... First ..."The Entertainment":

Next... "The Soft Ball Pitch":

Holy Smokes, Folks...!!!

Scotty Kilmer is NOT Exactly a Fan of Chevrolets... So WHAT a Surprise it is to find out that he REALLY LOVES the Trailblazer In-Line Six SUVs!!!. The "Regulars" who already know what he knows about these Trucks could NOT have made an "Invitation to JOIN GMT Nation Video" any better than for the reasons he described so well.

But... It's also worth mentioning to ALL of the Folks who've already managed to Dodge HUGE Repair Bills Time and Again by coming to The ONE Place where they were Most Likely to Find HELP, Find HOPE and Find the 'Mechanical Consolation' that comes from having The BEST Resources available for GMT360 Owners to Keep and Fix Up their Trailblazers, Envoys and Rainiers.

Besides that, Scotty makes an encouraging argument for Visitors (AND Shy Lurkers) to take that Leap of Faith and become Proud, Genuine, Certified GMT Nation Members.

You'll NEVER Regret It! :>)

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Well, he did have the part about the LL8 being a good engine right, due to its inherently good balancing (among other things). But I wouldn't call it short on power -- it's almost as good as my 5.3, from a HP / TQ perspective. As you know, people slap turbos on these and race them, so they're not snails to begin with.

I'll spare the remainder of the inaccuracies (there are plenty there, of course -- it's a Scotty Kilmer video, after all!) And he does go off on a bit of a tangent about tires in general. But -- it is nice to see him put in a good word for our truck (he doesn't encourage the viewer to hit our website, which I thought he'd do, based on how I interpreted your description of it). But anyway...

For $2000, I'd buy that one, even with 200K mi. on it. I like the exterior color, and it looks to be in fairly good shape, plus it's an '07-'08 (forget which), so it's not older than dirt, like my '03 LWB is... lol... although I have 40K fewer miles on mine!)

Thanks for posting this (although we don't need to be contributing to the Scotty Kilmer retirement fund any more than we already are (ol' Scotty earns a LOT of money every month with his collection of YT vids / number of subscribers. Not quite as much as ChrisFix... but it's still over $1MM USD / year, IIRC.)

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
And he probably is wrong about the transfer case. The problem is more likely with the disconnect since there was no service 4wd light........

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The "Regulars" who already know what he knows about these Trucks could NOT have made an "Invitation to JOIN GMT Nation Video" any better than for the reasons he described so well.
NO!

Let me repeat,

NO!

Anybody who invites him to join GMTN will be banned. He will be banned. And then I'll ban myself just to be sure I don't have to listen to him ever again. Yeah, I hate him that much!

Seriously though, I am surprised because he hates everything. He was the first video I watched on replacing the EV fan clutch (surprised he didn't rail on that design flaw) but he quickly lost favour with me when he put himself under a car supported ONLY with a jack and let dangling a caliper from the brake hose as well as recommending to blind other drivers by (usually illegally) installing HID or LED bulbs in regular headlights. AND THAT VOICE! I'd rather listen to an opera sang by scratching fingernails on a chalkboard.

As far as the power of the I6, no it does not match even the 5.3. It has enough power in its own right and is smoother but it doesn't have the same power as the V8. I've had both so I know however both my TBs had 3.42 gears and the Saab with the V8 had 3.73 so that could play into it. I still plan to swap it out to the Saab's diffs.

Now how did he find my 07 TB's twin? Literally, same trim and colour. Even my grill crossbar is blacked out the same.

Now where's my Tylenol!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Anybody who invites him to join GMTN will be banned. He will be banned. And then I'll ban myself just to be sure I don't have to listen to him ever again. Yeah, I hate him that much!

You, sir, are DRUNK with power... :dielaugh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
At least the voice doesn't get more annoying :stars:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher