ScanGauge II on LM2 3.0L diesel

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have a ScanGauge II that I had been using in my previous tow vehicle and wondered if I could get it to work in this new truck. After checking their website, they have PIDs for other recent GM diesels but mine needed to be updated to the latest firmware. Cost me $25USD + shipping from Canuckistan ($25CAD).

Well, I wasn't disappointed. It works great. Used the PIDs for Soot Load % (ST%), Regen ON/OFF (RGN), Tranny Temp (TFT) and oil temp (OIL). There is also a regen status PID but all that did was show 0, 6 and 7 which probably just means No regen, pre-regen and regen.

PXL_20220527_185512894_resized1111777785262575921.jpg

And it was a good thing I put it in as I was able to see that it was in regen on my way home so I would have shut it down right in the middle of it. Took a little longer route so it would finish. This might save a little on DEF if the regen isn't interrupted. As soon as it hit 100% soot load, it went into regen and noticed my engine temp went a little above 100c. Took about 10-15km to complete. It also kept going down when I was stopped at a light so just letting it idle until it finishes would also probably work.

The only thing I couldn't get working was the boost reading but I haven't tried all the PIDs.

Anyway, this is a lot cheaper than the Banks iDash. There is also the ScanGauge 3 however is almost as expensive as the iDash. For me, this is plenty.

Here's the page for the GM PIDs:

Reactions: m.mcmillen

chriscdn

Dec 10, 2023
Ontario
I have a ScanGauge II that I had been using in my previous tow vehicle and wondered if I could get it to work in this new truck. After checking their website, they have PIDs for other recent GM diesels but mine needed to be updated to the latest firmware. Cost me $25USD + shipping from Canuckistan ($25CAD).

Well, I wasn't disappointed. It works great. Used the PIDs for Soot Load % (ST%), Regen ON/OFF (RGN), Tranny Temp (TFT) and oil temp (OIL). There is also a regen status PID but all that did was show 0, 6 and 7 which probably just means No regen, pre-regen and regen.

View attachment 103882

And it was a good thing I put it in as I was able to see that it was in regen on my way home so I would have shut it down right in the middle of it. Took a little longer route so it would finish. This might save a little on DEF if the regen isn't interrupted. As soon as it hit 100% soot load, it went into regen and noticed my engine temp went a little above 100c. Took about 10-15km to complete. It also kept going down when I was stopped at a light so just letting it idle until it finishes would also probably work.

The only thing I couldn't get working was the boost reading but I haven't tried all the PIDs.

Anyway, this is a lot cheaper than the Banks iDash. There is also the ScanGauge 3 however is almost as expensive as the iDash. For me, this is plenty.

Here's the page for the GM PIDs:

I have a 2023 chevy silverado with the diesel I've upgraded my scanguage 2 but what xgauges did you use because it doesn't show the 3.0 diesel on the website

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I used the pids for the 6.6L or 2.8L duramax. They work the same.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online