Scan Tool Recommendation

HiOSilver

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
I've got an Innova 3100 scan tool I bought about 6 years ago that does a fine job of reading and erasing codes. However, I see others talking about being able to read engine temp, O2 levels, fuel biasing, etc. and other things that I can't read. So, maybe I need to upgrade to a newer scanner. Has anyone got a recommendation on a scan tool that provides more of the advanced diagnostic information? It would be great to be able to do some programming as well, but I understand those cost thousands and I'm more into the $150 range.

Thanks,

Chris

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Do you own an Android phone or tablet? If so look for threads on an app called Torque. You'll need a $20 ELM327 Bluetooth dongle to go along with it but they are easily found on Ebay or many other places.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
Do you own an Android phone or tablet? If so look for threads on an app called Torque. You'll need a $20 ELM327 Bluetooth dongle to go along with it but they are easily found on Ebay or many other places.

Wish I had known this 4 months ago.... I wasn't here yet and the Dodge forum never referenced one of those. Not too soon to buy another!

01yukontx

Dec 26, 2013
I just got a ScanGuage2 kit.It will do all OBD2 from 1996 and newer,all makes,also a great trip computer and also gives over 37 guages,including trans temp,speed,horsepower,ect..Got it at Amazon for bout 129.95.works on my Yukon and my wife's hyundai.

01yukontx

Dec 26, 2013
Wow,I just answered a year old post.sorry guys,maybe it will help somebody.Really a great tool for the home mech

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online