Saw this today...

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Fisherman parked in front of my house today driving this once popular build.Looked to be sitting on a 70-80s Blazer chassis.100_1653.JPG100_1654.JPG100_1655.JPG100_1656.JPG

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would rock it!

Theres one local to me too. Its a late 60's early 70's Eldorado. I would have to guess its sitting on a suburban frame.. ITS LONG~~~~!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Having had a '78 Z28, it makes me sad to see one getting butchered like this. Hopefully it was a basket case and wasn't too much of a loss.

Reactions: christo829

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Interesting to see how the shifter for the t-case was connected; I'd expect that it'd be on the D/S, if he used a GM driveline. Must've custom-fabbed the linkage (and, unfortunately, the longer lever needed is not visually appealing, IMO). Would've looked better with an M/T, too. Seeing the slushbox gearshift, together with the 4wd shift boot, is a bit weird-looking, IMO.

I'm kinda with Moose on this one (although I can tolerate it better on the 2nd-gen, given how many were made over its lifespan). You want a truck, drive a truck. With this, you take the F-body's strength (performance / handling... or, at least what passed for it, back in the day), and totally negate it for something it'll never do as well as a truck. And it's not as useful as a truck, for towing / hauling. If he'd done this to a 1st-gen F-body, I'd have screamed or cried.

That said, I do enjoy seeing the various Motor Trend shows, where they do things like this all the time (Roadkill, etc., etc.) But on this... 'A' for the effort made in doing this, but I'd go with a 'C' for practicality / usefulness (outside of swingin' BDE... lol)

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online