SUPPORT Save as pdf???

midnightbluS10

Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
Shreveport, LA
Having an issue with the site. Every so often, and more regularly as time goes by, when I open a link to the site....it brings up the "save as pdf/print" automatically. Doesn't matter if I'm on a mobile device or a desktop pc running windows. Anyone else having this happen to them? It's annoying as **** having to close that 6 or 10 times while reading a thread. If it's a multi-page thread, it does it every time I open a new page. Sometime multiple times before I can get it to stop and finally read the page. Anybody else getting this or seen it before? Got any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: for whatever reason, links I go to are showing as the following:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/the-85-000-00-gm-4-2l-engine-repair.14423/print

See the 'print' at the end? Why is that on all of the links? How can I make it stop adding that to links I go to? It happens when I do Google searches of the site ie "4.2l cam phaser site:gmtnation.com". Seems that a lot of the results have that "print" at the end. But it's not limited to Google searches. It's also happened while searching the site directly, I believe.

Google search results.... Almost every link has "print" at the end? I see that this isn't really an issue with the site. Sorry. I didn't know that when I first posted and only figured it out while editing to add info.

Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Does this only happen when using the google site search?

I've not ever seen it happen just browsing the site. I do see that it shows that /print when google searching your example. Tried others, sometimes the links shows that, other times not. It seems random.

Upvote 0

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
Are you using firefox or chrome for both pc and phone? If so I would check you addons and also check your google settings.

Upvote 0

midnightbluS10

Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
Shreveport, LA
Are you using firefox or chrome for both pc and phone? If so I would check you addons and also check your google settings.

Chrome. I'll give it a look. Thanks.

Does this only happen when using the google site search?

I've not ever seen it happen just browsing the site. I do see that it shows that /print when google searching your example. Tried others, sometimes the links shows that, other times not. It seems random.

I'm not exactly sure anymore. I thought it was also happening while browsing the site, which was why I initially posted this. I'll pay better attention and see if it's only Google results. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online