Saudi Dealerships + New Vehicles

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
@Mooseman @Reprise @Capote @xavierny25 @Tiggerr @littleblazer

Hi everyone, instead of taking over the XUV thread I thought of posting the required pics over here

Less talking, more pics, here you go:

PhotoChooser-d2c6ba33-8350-4461-a8c4-88123a9617a3compressed.jpg

View of the dealership showroom

WP_20170427_11_26_34_Procompressed.jpg

View of the Used Cars Lot

PhotoChooser-ec238a68-469f-4c1c-91c3-a3bc130ced97compressed.jpg

The new Aveo, wonder where it's from? Do you guys get this over there?

WP_20170427_11_30_13_Procompressed.jpg

WP_20170427_11_30_17_Procompressed.jpg

The new Spark. I actually really like this from the old generation, although that failed miserably over here, this one is coming off to a good start. Seen lots of these driving around here.

WP_20170427_11_30_35_Procompressed.jpg

View from inside the showroom floor of the Used Cars Lot

WP_20170427_11_30_40_Procompressed.jpg

The actual showroom floor. Seems like the 'new' Trailblazer has also been discontinued, and is only for fleet orders at the moment.

WP_20170427_11_30_26_Procompressed.jpg

The new GMC Acadia, like the design compared to the previous generation. It's also noticeably smaller, hence I like to think of it as the first valid replacement of the Envoy, in terms of size ONLY :biggrin:

PhotoChooser-84d46aa9-f602-41c0-92e3-13547c64ecfccompressed.jpg

Interior of the Acadia

PhotoChooser-73db5302-ac12-4a86-bcc0-dd3d96e01f6ccompressed.jpg

The new Chevrolet Camaro. First time they left it open, usually they are locked so you are not allowed to sit in them unless you're absolutely serious in purchasing one.

WP_20170427_11_32_29_Procompressed.jpg

And now, for what all of you have been waiting for..................

WP_20170427_11_23_00_Procompressed.jpg

WP_20170427_11_23_42_Procompressed.jpg

WP_20170427_11_24_19_Procompressed.jpg

To sum it up : IT SUCKS :cool:

I was this close to prying this Trailblazer badges from the side of the door. Turns out its not available in the system at all, so I can't outright purchase it. Will have to wait till one of these land up in the junkyard, which hopefully won't be too soon.

I took as many I thought were good enough, without the car owner coming out and telling me off :dielaugh:

Ohhh, the things I do for GMTNation :2thumbsup:

Let's hear your thoughts, and should I post these pics in the Pictures Threads ???

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That newer TB was a joke, it's about the same size as the first gen Equinox & Acadia. The cool and non-soccer mom/cross-over looking mid-size SUV's died out when GM cut off the GMT360 line in 2009.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
That newer TB was a joke, it's about the same size as the first gen Equinox & Acadia. The cool and non-soccer mom/cross-over looking mid-size SUV's died out when GM cut off the GMT360 line in 2009.

The truck based mid-size is pretty much dead...
Nothing left body on frame that
I know of...
maybe the 4Runner but they're fugly now...

Only mid-size worth having these days would be a JGC or Durango.. at least they're rear drive...and look decent....

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA

Sure was, the new Trailblazer was a joke, no wonder it got discontinued over here as well

The truck based mid-size is pretty much dead...
Nothing left body on frame that
I know of...
maybe the 4Runner but they're fugly now...

Only mid-size worth having these days would be a JGC or Durango.. at least they're rear drive...and look decent....

True. I'd never go for anything Toyota ever. Just a huge waste of money. The Durango looks speaking until you get into it. It feels really cramped to the TB

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Seems to be not as wide neither. And what's those damned chrome mirrors?
:puke:
If the sales weren't there, I can see it getting cancelled.

Otherwise, thanks for the tour of the dealership. Was interesting for sure.
:thankyou:

Did you get bugged by salesmen?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Only mid-size worth having these days would be a JGC or Durango..
Umm...no...just no. Even with a Hemi. You and I think similarly about vehicles, but I just can't go with you on that one :nono: Although you're right about the death of our segment :sadcry:

Ohhh, the things I do for GMTNation :2thumbsup:

:thankyou: - that was quick! Although I was more interested in the background of some of those shots, to see your 'little corner of the world'.

My eyes went wide at the price listed on the tag of that Acadia - until I looked up the SAR <> USD exchange rate - about 4:1 - so, similar to what they charge here (otherwise known as 'too much') :worried:

If you ever come to the US (for a GMT Nation meet, perhaps?), I'll buy you your beverage of choice (non-alcoholic is fine, too!) :tequila:

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Seems to be not as wide neither. And what's those damned chrome mirrors?
:puke:
If the sales weren't there, I can see it getting cancelled.

Otherwise, thanks for the tour of the dealership. Was interesting for sure.
:thankyou:

Did you get bugged by salesmen?

Not really. One thing I love about this place is no one bugs you into buying anything. Unless and until you actually approach them, they don't get in your way at all. Some say it may be bad customer service, but I actually prefer this compared to having ten people get me to buy a Honda when I came in for a light bulb :2thumbsup:

Umm...no...just no. Even with a Hemi. You and I think similarly about vehicles, but I just can't go with you on that one :nono: Although you're right about the death of our segment :sadcry:

:thankyou: - that was quick! Although I was more interested in the background of some of those shots, to see your 'little corner of the world'.

My eyes went wide at the price listed on the tag of that Acadia - until I looked up the SAR <> USD exchange rate - about 4:1 - so, similar to what they charge here (otherwise known as 'too much') :worried:

If you ever come to the US (for a GMT Nation meet, perhaps?), I'll buy you your beverage of choice (non-alcoholic is fine, too!) :tequila:

No problem, my pleasure. If you guys want to see more of this corner of the world let me know. Maybe start a Saudi Arabia tour :2thumbsup:

I'll hold you too it. :Lager Louts:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Not really. One thing I love about this place is no one bugs you into buying anything. Unless and until you actually approach them, they don't get in your way at all. Some say it may be bad customer service, but I actually prefer this compared to having ten people get me to buy a Honda when I came in for a light bulb :2thumbsup:
Here in the U.S. they haggle the hell out of you. I remember back when I had my '97 Yukon, I would drive through dealership's used car sections of their lots looking for another SUV to replace mine. One time some lady came running out from the building and was trying to flag me down vigorously as I made my lap around and proceeded for the road. It annoyed the hell out of me, if I wanted to ask about a vehicle I would of parked and gone looking for assistance.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Dealers aren't any better here. And don't you just love the finance guy! Better to go in while on drugs or you will throat punch them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online