Satin Black SS wheels on my Rainier

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
Just got them today. Went with satin black and 275/45/20 Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus tires. I really like the look and it rides so much better than it did with my worn out tires. I will get some more pictures when I can get it cleaned up. It's been raining all day.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439935539.540429.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439935539.540429.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 88

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Looks beautiful. Where'd you find the wheels?

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
SnowBlazer said:
Looks beautiful. Where'd you find the wheels?
Thanks. Ordered them from Performance Plus Tire in California. Mounted, balanced, shipped in 4 days for $1379 and also got some black lug nuts from them. I desperately needed new tires and the stock size on the Rainier is a 255/60/17 and there just aren't many selections and locally I would have been in for close to $800.

I have Beltech shocks and springs to install this weekend as well. I'm thinking of leaving it stock ride height until the rear bags wear out though and then install the lowering springs.

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
I run the same Cooper tires.

The SS wheels will really pop once you drop it.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Wow the Rainer sure looks great with SS wheels, I'm partial to Black SS wheels. Cool to hear you're lowering it, she'd look sweet with a drop. I have a belltech kit too on my rig. 3" drop in front 5" in rear. Cut the springs an extra 2" to get it to 5".

Reactions: Sib

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Your Rainier looks great with the SS wheels. I think its the first one I have seen with those wheels. I think any GMT's appearance is improved with SS wheels. The black wheels really look good with your exterior color.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Your Rainier looks great with the SS wheels. I think its the first one I have seen with those wheels. I think any GMT's appearance is improved with SS wheels. The black wheels really look good with your exterior color.
Agreed with all that [emoji41] [emoji106]

Reactions: RedRocketZ28

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
Thanks all!

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
RedRocketZ28 said:
Thanks all!
Anytime

You should start a build thread bud so we can follow your progress [emoji106]

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think the lower will set off the wheel style , but personally I think silver or chrome wheels would look better. No matter the style I just don't like the all black wheel look.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Make a Build thread [emoji14]

Reactions: RedRocketZ28

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
Capote said:
Make a Build thread [emoji14]
Haha, I know. I will do that soon. Not sure how much more I plan on doing with it though.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Blckshdw said:
:satan: It's not about what you have planned exactly... But more like what we can convince you seems like fun mods to do. :deal: [emoji3] :raspberry:
Oh I'm sure we will, especially if he goes and glances at some of our builds
RedRocketZ28 said:
Haha, I know. I will do that soon. Not sure how much more I plan on doing with it though.
Once the mod bug bites, he latches on forever [emoji41]

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
I know the mod bug all too well. Wanting to take it a little easy on myself (and the wallet) for now. Sold my 2001 turbo Z28 Camaro last summer to help with our new house a bit. I spent countless hours and plenty of money on that thing. Just bought my Dad's 1998 SS Camaro from him since he bought a Corvette. The Camaro is pretty close to stock and it will only be a matter of time before the turbo bug bites again and I need another 700+ rwhp car in the garage.

I've looked through your build thread, Capote. Love what you have done with it.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ahh yeah you do know the bug well then lol

Thanks man, I've put a lot of work into my rig, its vastly changed as time goes on, some people at work don't even recognize it anymore and thought I got another TB. Especially after taking off the blue vinyl and putting SS parts on

Reactions: SnowBlazer

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
With SS wheels, you definitely needs Moar low!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Boricua SS said:
Yeees that's what I'm saying [emoji41]

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
Boricua SS said:
Yeah I know. Trying to decide what I want to do now as far as that goes. Still thinking I will leave the rear bags until they fail and install the struts at stock height. Maybe next year I'll lower it down and install the lowering springs. Don't really want to do arms right now.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I have a 3" front and 5" drop in rear, my control arms are fine, UBJ too

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I'm lucky being 2wd. I just bought the modified UCA'S and the 2" drop strut mounts. The rear are just bag adjustments until they either fail or traction/wheel hop becomes a problem at the track. Don't want to launch at 2-3k rpms and have a bouncing ass down the track :rotfl:

RedRocketZ28

Original poster
May 16, 2014
I might lower the front an inch and adjust the bags to get it level. That might be the best route right now don't you think? I want to replace the end links too, will stock sized work lowering it just an inch?

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
RedRocketZ28 said:
Yeah I know. Trying to decide what I want to do now as far as that goes. Still thinking I will leave the rear bags until they fail and install the struts at stock height. Maybe next year I'll lower it down and install the lowering springs. Don't really want to do arms right now.
Upper arms are easy once you bend back the inner wheel well on the dr side. Long pry bar and 10 mins of bending, remove the washer tank and you have easy access on both sides.

Don't let the arms hold you back!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online