NEED HELP SAIS pump problem

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I believe the best option is to do the Air Injection Delete. But I will let someone who knows more about this system chime in. Mine does not have it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No. You need to have your PCM tuned to eliminate the associated codes but that will be done forever.

Sounds like it's an electrical issue, possibly broken wiring.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Best thing would be to download the manuals (link in my signature) and follow the schematics to check continuity of each wire, power and grounds.

Reactions: mrrsm

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
code po410 & o2 sensor down stream I replaced 02 sensor and pump & valve only tofind no power to either, all fuses and relays are good I don't know where to go from here.
check for power at the fuses and relays.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
power is always at those devices. the pcm only provides a ground to cause operation. As suggested, test for power at the fuses and go from there. what fuses are you testing (ie. numbers). The system is relatively simple electrically... operational / maintenance wise maybe not so much.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just so we're all on the same page, here's the schematic for the system.

Attachments

• SAIS Schematic.pdf
    135.6 KB · Views: 17

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Some "Mouse Crawling" may still be in order to Locate, Unfasten and Clean the Ground contact at the G-107 Position:

G107.jpg

daisey

Original poster
all connections at fuse box read 12v,I cleaned what ground stakes I could locate ,still no results-- I will check interface connections am. also new code appeared 02 heater on new sensor I just replaced I am spinning my wheels with this thing.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
FWIW... If the SUV was used for Regular "Boat Ramp Activity"; especially around Salt or Brackish water and the SUV Chassis was submerged deep enough or sufficiently splashed to cover the SAIS Pump mounted quite low on the Frame, in time it could Rust Up or sustain a Black Plastic Casement Leak creating a Short Circuit within the Secondary Air Injection System Pump Motor.

TRAILBLAZERSAISPUMPANDHARDWARE.jpg

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
Voltage and grounds checks are only the first step. From the posted circuit diagram, a simple resistance check from the 87 contact pin in the relay holder / socket of the pump relay and similar for the solenoid relay socket will likely tell you more about the health of the wiring and said units, electrically. No crawling required. Go from the result.

Uncleenvoy

Feb 12, 2020
Ny
I had a problem with sais a few years ago..did you check the relay next to the pump under the car..i went crazy trying to figure it out and i just happened to notice the relay under the car..iirc its not well protected and was just rusted and rotten

daisey

Original poster
Voltage and grounds checks are only the first step. From the posted circuit diagram, a simple resistance check from the 87 contact pin in the relay holder / socket of the pump relay and similar for the solenoid relay socket will likely tell you more about the health of the wiring and said units, electrically. No crawling required. Go from the result.
i did a voltage check on relay ,inboard right to left 12.25 -12.25 outboard right to left 0---1

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
OK... so you have voltage going towards the pump relay... I am assuming the way that you have typed it means both contacts have 12.25v as opposed to one has 12.25 and the other has -12.25. As suggested, you need to do a resistance test (to a known ground) for the other "non-voltage" pins.... this will tell you if the wiring going towards the pump AND thru the pump is good... INCLUDING the contacts at the pump connector. Again, no crawling is needed at this point.

NOTE: you also have to do the same checks at the SAIS solenoid relay as it works in conjunction with the pump... solenoid action then pump.

Last edited:

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
this test was done at fuse box two terminals had 12.25 v one had 1 v other had 0 v
OK... that is a VOLTAGE test... you need to do a resistance test... that will indicate the condition of the electrical paths.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
post 26 tells you which pins you need to measure. set you meter on resistance, red probe on the pin in question (in the socket of the fuse block) and black on a known ground. The reading will tell you how much resistance there is thru your motor to ground IF there is an electrical path which you can readily see in the posted diagram. The same tests can be done at the solenoid relay socket.

Last edited:

daisey

Original poster
in feb this year i did a battery replacement when i put neg cable on I noticed a flash & spark what I thought was quite unusual ,since then all of these problems have arise now it seem like alt output is low 12.75 volt meter on dash is like a clock in ff.this thing is a money hole.alt is 7 yr old.---------------------------lost

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online