NEED HELP Sagging after lift

masaidwakeup

Original poster
May 24, 2021
Chicago
Had a 3" lift installed about 4 weeks ago.
I've noticed that since the install, the front left corner seems to be falling more and more each week.
It currently sits about 1.5" lower than the other corners.
I'm assuming that the coill spring is failing.
That spring is less than a year old, but that's the only thing I can think of that would cause the corner to droop like that on these trucks.
Wanted to check in with you all before I replace both front springs.
Anything I could be possibly overlooking that could cause this?

My tb for good measure 😁
20220621_091451-01.jpeg

Thanks in advance :ok:

Last edited:
Reactions: xavierny25

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Good looking TB you got there :thumbsup: The spring would be my first guess if the tire was holding proper pressure.

Did you have the springs on the truck since you bought them last year, and the problem didn't start until the lift was put in? Or were the springs sitting in a box somewhere waiting for the lift spacers, and they all went in together?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's a nice looking rig :2thumbsup:

Also check the strut and A-arms if they are binding.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Had a 3" lift installed about 4 weeks ago.
I've noticed that since the install, the front left corner seems to be falling more and more each week.
It currently sits about 1.5" lower than the other corners.
I'm assuming that the coill spring is failing.
That spring is less than a year old, but that's the only thing I can think of that would cause the corner to droop like that on these trucks.
Wanted to check in with you all before I replace both front springs.
Anything I could be possibly overlooking that could cause this?

My tb for good measure 😁
20220621_091451-01.jpeg

Thanks in advance :ok:
Check the Strut... the lower spring seat may have broke and slid down on the strut... what's the leak under the truck?

Reactions: cornchip

masaidwakeup

Original poster
May 24, 2021
Chicago
Good looking TB you got there :thumbsup: The spring would be my first guess if the tire was holding proper pressure.

Did you have the springs on the truck since you bought them last year, and the problem didn't start until the lift was put in? Or were the springs sitting in a box somewhere waiting for the lift spacers, and they all went in together?
The tire holds proper air pressure no problem.
I replaced the front springs and shocks about a year ago. KYB shocks and MOOG springs. (Grew too impatient waiting on Billsteins to come off backorder)
Shocks and springs have been on the truck since then.
Had a Supreme Suspensions 3" lift kit installed about a month ago and shortly after install I starting to take notice of the drooping in that front left corner.

That's a nice looking rig :2thumbsup:

Also check the strut and A-arms if they are binding.
Thanks! :thumbsup:
I'll check that A arm and spring seat as coolasice suggested.

Check the Strut... the lower spring seat may have broke and slid down on the strut... what's the leak under the truck?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check the strut seat for any damage or abnormalities.
..and that pool under the truck is just water from running the AC.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online