Sabb black leather interior upgrade for the trailblazer!

Yeagamyster04

Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
Davison michigan
Been a long winter up here in Michigan, not much snow but cold weather. Keeping me from my toy lol. It's been a minute since I've posted on this site and wanted to get some input on a few things. I scored a set of seats from a sabb for 100.00 in great shape. Installed just fine but mine wasn't power and these are. Can I just run power to them and they will work? I have the switches installed and plugged in. They are heated as well. My truck is a 05, the donor I'm not sure about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230210-171444.png
    Screenshot_20230210-171444.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm pretty sure they are usually controlled by either the BCM or seat modules so the switches don't control the motors directly. Probably the best way to get them working is using the switches with relays.

That is also the case with the heated seats. You could put a switch next to the seat controls. It would have to be ignition switched power so that you don't leave them on and kill the battery. Easy way to have hi and lo heat is to wire them in series (lo) and parallel (hi) using relays.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Since his came out of a Saab, which means it will have memory seats, that means the motors are controlled by the BCM/DDM/PDM. If no memory seats, it can be powered directly. Not sure how to overcome your obstacle but thru trial and error.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
How did you overcome the airbag issues with 04 and 05+? Did yours not have airbags in the seats?

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online