NEED HELP Saab 9-7x Ride Height, Tires, & Exhaust Questions

boostmg

Original poster
Oct 5, 2022
northeast PA
Hey guys I'm new here. Happy to be here. I just picked up this Saab 97x with the 5.3. It's a beautiful ride.

Previous owner has some real nice goodies, magnaflow resonator, billstein 5100 w/ adjustable perches, z71 tahoe rear springs, hotchkis rear sway bar, i believe 265/75/18 toyo AT tires, and 1.5" wheel spacers.

This is my first "truck" and also the first time i've dealt with anything lifted. I've been thinking it over the last few days of something more "my style" and i am looking for some help achieving that...

My style is really "stock" but with subtle enhancements.

I think overall what would make this vehicle more suited to me would be

• getting rid of the wheel spacers
  • being able to run the biggest or 2nd biggest tires without wheel spacers
  • having an exhaust that sounds good but isn't louder than the engine
  • running at a height that looks good, not really lifted, not low, but rugged.
If anyone can help guide me in the right direction that would be great. One thing I'm confused about is the current set up has the upper control arms reversed. So they are upside down and swapped the driver on the passenger and vice versa.

I think i need to know the following:
  • What are the largest tires you can put on this vehicle without wheel spacers
  • How does the stock exhaust sound? Would removing the resonator still sound good but not overly loud
  • At what "height" would I put the upper control arms back to their normal position?
Also I have trailblazer EXT rear springs on the way. Does anyone know how high that will make the back sit? I am currently thinking I may like that height, then I will adjust the front to match, but then i would need to know if I need to flip and swap the UCAs or not.

Sorry if this is confusing but please ask any questions at all!

Thx

310468780_10128366862566914_5104060836259833827_n.jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (7).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (8).png

Last edited:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Already answered you in the other thread for the UCA's. The largest tyre you can use without spacers is 30.6" diameter.

Honestly, I think the rugged look you're after is what it looks like right now.

boostmg

Original poster
Oct 5, 2022
northeast PA
Already answered you in the other thread for the UCA's. The largest tyre you can use without spacers is 30.6" diameter.

Honestly, I think the rugged look you're after is what it looks like right now.
I agree i think i just mainly want to get rid of wheel spacers and maybe drop the rear by .5” and level the front to match

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online