Saab 9-7x 5.3i 32" Iceland

hertittys

Original poster
May 29, 2022
Iceland
Decided to share some pictures of my moderately lifted, spaced out and on bigger tires Saab 9-7x was bought brand new here in iceland 2006 and has been here all its life, only 5 or 6 of them ever came here. driven around 215k kms

I bought the car fully standard, little to no rust (except the hood was rusted through), ran and did things good only some minor problems as it had been sitting for a while.
IMG-20220508-WA0000.jpg

Fixed the hood temporarily, bought some R/T 32" tires, 1.5" spacers, 2" leveling kit and made the air suspension lift the rear a bit, fixed brakes, bearings and some other minor issues like HID ballast, alternator, v-belt.

IMG_20220616_174803.jpg

Removed part of the rear bench so it was possible to sleep in the back of it and went for a little travel around the country

IMG_20220621_104349.jpg
IMG_20220621_195442.jpg

I'm trying to find a snorkel for it so I can cross some serious rivers, thinking of doing complete DOD delete as well as find new hood on it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! Those are some nice pics, Nat Geo worthy (or Car and Driver :biggrin: )

Have you tuned out the DOD yet? If not, do it now! Will prevent its eventual failure. In the meanwhile, you can temporarily disable it:
How to disable AFM/DOD at no cost

I have a tuned PCM and TCM from my now scrapped '06 if that would interest you. Plug and play after the security relearn.

It's funny that this particular Saab has been sold everywhere except Sweden. :confused:

hertittys

Original poster
May 29, 2022
Iceland
Welcome! Those are some nice pics, Nat Geo worthy (or Car and Driver :biggrin: )

Have you tuned out the DOD yet? If not, do it now! Will prevent its eventual failure. In the meanwhile, you can temporarily disable it:
How to disable AFM/DOD at no cost

I have a tuned PCM and TCM from my now scrapped '06 if that would interest you. Plug and play after the security relearn.

It's funny that this particular Saab has been sold everywhere except Sweden. :confused:
Thanks!
I have a hp-tuners so I've already deactivated the DOD in the tune, but I haven't fiddled anything more with it yet, what kind of increases did you see with that tuned pcm and tcm?

quite surprising indeed, but some were imported to sweden (used) and I heard there are even two 9-7x in Japan.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't have any numbers however immediately saw an increase in power and responsiveness. Also the tune turned off the fan codes, tuned the transmission for better shifts and 0 slip torque converter clutch.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Once you deactivate the DOD, I don't think you should worry about it. Failures after PCM disable are rare.. like extremely rare. Not saying it doesn't happen, but when it does happen, it happens from lifter tray failure.

Welcome from another Saab owner!

Reactions: Mooseman

hertittys

Original poster
May 29, 2022
Iceland
I don't have any numbers however immediately saw an increase in power and responsiveness. Also the tune turned off the fan codes, tuned the transmission for better shifts and 0 slip torque converter clutch.
That is quite tempting, currently I'm trying to keep myself from running wild on the saab atleast until my other LS project car is finished, but I do think it needs a bit more oumph.

Once you deactivate the DOD, I don't think you should worry about it. Failures after PCM disable are rare.. like extremely rare. Not saying it doesn't happen, but when it does happen, it happens from lifter tray failure.

Welcome from another Saab owner!
thats reassuring to know, atleast I can run it longer now with less worries till I get to the point where I physically delete it.

hertittys

Original poster
May 29, 2022
Iceland
IMG20231022170557.jpg
IMG20231022170623.jpg

Clear coated the front lights, painted the shrouding in them black
also made some mudflaps for it.
Bought an trailblazer transfercase, just need to get the rest of the bits and bobs for the 4wd mod.
also waiting for my hood to arrive.
shame about the wheel bolt pattern otherwise I'd already would've bought some nicer wheels.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online