?s about 05 &06 Yukon 8th digit U

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
?s about 05 &06 Yukon 8th digit U

1.doe’s vin# reveal if engine has DOD

2.where 05 & 06 all four wheel drive or AWD? I've sean only a few for sale w/ rear wheel drive.

3.if 4 wheel drive can this be switched to 2 wheel drive from a switch inside vehicle? If front wheel drive fails/breaks can vehicle be driven reliablley switched to 2 wheel?I’ve sean on yboob this can be dune on the older 02 model. also is the AWD version have driveshafts though the oil pan?

4. from my searching it seams all the denials come w/ 6.0 engines, doe’s this mean they came w/ 4L80 trans.? I believe the suburans have the 5.3 which I prefer not to have.

5.why do some yukons have 2 batteries?

6. are the headlights bulbs regular or hid w/ blassats pigtails ect.?
7.the 02-06 all appear the same is this true or false?
8. do the denials have a smooth ride like I think the escalaids do?

I'm needing a tow vehicle towing 3500LBs on 200 mile trips. I like the idea of 6.0 w/
4L80. my last TV was a 07 saab97x5.3 excellent vehical however the dod is a deal breaker on another saab.
any advice is apreciated.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
  1. Yes- VIN U is LQ4, Iron Block, Cathedral Ports 24x engine, NON-DOD/AFM
  2. Both- depending how it was ordered. Most Denali were AWD, but even they could be had with 4x4
  3. If ordered as 4x4 and not AWD, yes it can be switched.
    1. 4x4 can be turned on if the rear axle fails, and driven short distances.
    2. The front 4x4 is not as beefy as the rear.
    3. The shafts thru the oil pan is a GMT360 thing only.. There is also a Mitsubishi that does it
  4. All Denali's came with the 6.0, not sure on the transmission
  5. This was done after being built. Double batteries can be put in any full size GM SUV.
  6. for 2005-06, Depending on how it was ordered and built. Generally, and mostly, the Yukons came with Halogen, but some of the Denali's do have HID.
  7. 02 and half of 03 have the older interior, 03.5 and up have the newer interior.
  8. Yes, and No.. It depends again on how it was ordered. Magnaride, Air Ride Z55, Air Ride Z95, Standard spring, Z71, ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride, and Nivomat. I preferred the Z55, but its also the only one I have experience with. Edit: My Escalade, Tahoe, and Avalanche all had Z55.
You can always disable the DOD. Its what I have done on my Saab.

Last edited:

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
thanks tollkeeper excellent advice as usale. so I'll be on the lookout for a 04-06 to avoid the dod.
my preferred vehical is the 03-06 express 1500 conversion van built by explorer, they where hard to find before fake flu and now there impossiable to find even wrecked vans.
1.do any of the express vans have dod?
2.when did the 6sp trans start w/ express vans ? I've been getting conflicting infor. like only 2500 got the 6sp starting in 010 same year 5th gen camaro.
I've read this trans isn't the best it surges pulses and cost twice to rebuild. I'd prefer the proven 4L80. thanks again for advice

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I am no help in the trans dept.. never looked for info on them.

This list might help you decipher what you are looking for.

One thing to note about the LQ series. They were designed for Premium fuels. There were 2 variants of the LQ series. The LQ4 and LQ9. One of these can only run on premium because of the different type of piston they used increasing the compression. The other is a recommended premium. Which one is which, I cant remember.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online