s-10 blazer will not start

rtsee

Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
I have spark, 55psi fuel pressure. When you turn over it sounds like it trys to start but won't. Car sat with dead battery for 3 months... help...

rtsee

Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
rtsee said:
I have spark, 55psi fuel pressure. When you turn over it sounds like it trys to start but won't. Car sat with dead battery for 3 months... help...
2002 year model 4.3l

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Maybe the fuel's not getting into the cylinders. Try starting fluid (ether) into the intake to see if it catches at all. Combustion is simple. Fuel, air, spark. In the right proportions at the right time, to be sure.

neohio

Nov 11, 2013
I have an 02 Blazer in my stable as well.
I know you said you have spark. but I am willing to bet it is weak.
Inspect the cap and rotor. No matter the quality or manufacturer, I rarely get more than 13-14 months out of a set. OEM, Delco, aftermarket, zero difference.

rtsee

Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
the roadie said:
Maybe the fuel's not getting into the cylinders. Try starting fluid (ether) into the intake to see if it catches at all. Combustion is simple. Fuel, air, spark. In the right proportions at the right time, to be sure.

Thanks I have tried starting fluid. Trys to crank but won't go.

rtsee

Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
neohio said:
I have an 02 Blazer in my stable as well.
I know you said you have spark. but I am willing to bet it is weak.
Inspect the cap and rotor. No matter the quality or manufacturer, I rarely get more than 13-14 months out of a set. OEM, Delco, aftermarket, zero difference.

New cap rotor and wires already. Even tried a coil from a running car. Still no start..

Woodsman

May 3, 2014
Did you ever get it running, I had the same problem and it turned out to be the engine temp sensor,(not the one for the temp gauge) it was kind of under the thermostat housing as I remember.
Changed it and it fired right up.
If it doesn't send the correct signal to the ECM the fuel won't be right and it won't start.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher