Running Boards...

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
I found a really good local deal this past weekend on a set of running boards. A guy was selling a set of chrome Nerf Boards for the Envoy XL for $50. They were brand new and came with all of the mounting hardware.

Well, I installed them today and they looked & felt extremely cheap!! After installing, I stood on them and the brackets flexed bigtime! Before the jokes go flying, I'm 220 lbs. :biggrin:

Anyhow, they just felt cheap, so I removed and trashed them. A $50 loss isn't sitting well with me, but I've had worse...

Anyone have a suggestion on a better set? I do not want cheap crap.
I'd really like the have flat running boards because Nerf Bars just aren't my taste.

Thank you!

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
I've got stock running boards off my trailblazer for sale if you wanted those. Not sure if your looking for aftermarket ones tho. I'm pretty sure the envoy and trailblazer ones are universal.. Anyone know for sure?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
there quite a bit of different running boards, check out ebay and see what there is. They won't be no $50 but will be better for the money paid I am assuming

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
03TB93 said:
I've got stock running boards off my trailblazer for sale if you wanted those. Not sure if your looking for aftermarket ones tho. I'm pretty sure the envoy and trailblazer ones are universal.. Anyone know for sure?

I can answer that. Phantom has on stock running boards from High Voltage. and ours is an 03 Envoy and i believe jeffs is an 05 or 06 Trailblazer.

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Yes, I know I'll be reaching further into my pockets for the next set of running boards. That's fine. I just wanted something that had a better look, quiality, and feel to them.

03TB93 said:

If they're compatible, let me know how much you're looking to get for them. My zip code is 19114.
One more thing; Do they come with the mounting hardware too? I will need that also.

Thank you for the replies, everyone!

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
hockeyman said:
If they're compatible, let me know how much you're looking to get for them. My zip code is 19114.
One more thing; Do they come with the mounting hardware too? I will need that also.

Ya man i have brackets and bolts. anyone know if they are Compatible?? and i have them for $150 on craigslist but id go less for sure for a GMT member.

rzawora said:
You'd probably be better off going to pick them up from him...you aren't too far apart...couple hours.

ya your right this is what i was just thinking. If we met in deleware it should be only an hour drive for both of us. My grandparents live in Horsham PA and that takes me 2 hours to get to, Im not sure if your farmiliar with that area

Just let me know man. Thanks. -Dan

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
03TB93 said:
Ya man i have brackets and bolts. anyone know if they are Compatible?? and i have them for $150 on craigslist but id go less for sure for a GMT member.

ya your right this is what i was just thinking. If we met in deleware it should be only an hour drive for both of us. My grandparents live in Horsham PA and that takes me 2 hours to get to, Im not sure if your farmiliar with that area

Just let me know man. Thanks. -Dan

Upon the compatibility answer, I'd gladly drive to a location in DE to meet you.
Just keep me posted.

Thank you! :smile:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Phantom said:
I can answer that. Phantom has on stock running boards from High Voltage. and ours is an 03 Envoy and i believe jeffs is an 05 or 06 Trailblazer.

just saw this post. Thanks alot :thumbsup:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
hockeyman said:
Upon the compatibility answer, I'd gladly drive to a location in DE to meet you.
Just keep me posted.

looks like they will fit man if you wanted to pick a day to meet. PM me and we can figure out a time and price deal. Thanks alot

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
hockeyman said:
Just keep me posted.

Haha... Dan is in MD, I'm in DE... think you meant to say you'll drive to MD to meet him. You're more than welcome to come down to DE if you want though... I live down by the beaches! :thumbsup:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
rzawora said:
Haha... Dan is in MD, I'm in DE... think you meant to say you'll drive to MD to meet him. You're more than welcome to come down to DE if you want though... I live down by the beaches! :thumbsup:

we were talking about meeting in DE. Just cause thats about halfway. haha. id love to come down to the beaches man. wish i still had the TB we could make alittle meet out of it :frown:

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
03TB93 said:
looks like they will fit man if you wanted to pick a day to meet. PM me and we can figure out a time and price deal. Thanks alot

Would you happen to have a pic of them?

The deal sounds good. I'm available on the weekend, I just have to be home by 2pm on each day.

I will PM my cell number to you. You can text or call. Either one.

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
03TB93 said:
we were talking about meeting in DE. Just cause thats about halfway. haha. id love to come down to the beaches man. wish i still had the TB we could make alittle meet out of it :frown:

You never got back to me to let me know when you're available again. If you still have the RB's, please let me know.
I can do a run to DE almost anytime this week, but I'll still have to be home by 2pm.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Here's another idea - get some MDB fab boards. Guarantee you won't ever flex those :biggrin:

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
I bought these from Dan (03TB93), and I'd like to thank him again for for the excellent deal and for meeting my 1/2 way to do the exchange!

Installed this morning and I love them!

Attachments

• Envoy Running Boards 001.JPG
    Envoy Running Boards 001.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Envoy Running Boards 002.JPG
    Envoy Running Boards 002.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 73

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
hockeyman said:
I bought these from Dan (03TB93), and I'd like to thank him again for for the excellent deal and for meeting my 1/2 way to do the exchange!

Installed this morning and I love them!

They sure look good on your truck :thumbsup: nice addition, factory one too!

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
hey marc your welcome :thumbsup: Thanks for buying them off of me and the extra 20$. They do look really good on your truck, im glad you like them. Hopefully there a lot more sturdy than the nerfs. Enjoy them, im glad you got them on easily and so quickly. Thanks again for everything :cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online